I don't know how else to say it besides this weekend was so exhilarating! I didn't know I could like baseball so much. I love the sound of a whole team's cleats walking on the sidewalk, an overzealous umpire yelling "yaw" with a clenched fist on a strike, the smell of the grill from the concession stand, the cracking sound of a ball being hit to outfield, the cheering.
I have to admit it may not have been so thrilling if my sons team hadn't won all 4 games this weekend putting them as the second seed in the playoffs for the championship game tomorrow. I hate to brag, but this is MY blog and if I don't brag about Hudson who will? (Larry's too modest to say much, he will update our team blog though.)
Our team has grown so much. I'm proud of every one of them! I cheer for them like they are my own. I love their families too! Thanks for making this season so fun!
Hudson was pitching awesome in Friday's games. But if any pitcher pitches more than 3 innings they cannot pitch for 36 hours. So the coach took him out to save him for Saturday. But in the last inning, we were up 3, two boys on base, with the tying run for the other team up to bat. We couldn't afford to walk this guy. They had no outs. The coaches knew we needed this win and made the decision to bring Hudson back in. Hudson came in and struck the guy out, then Noah caught a fly ball for the second out and Hudson struck out the next batter clenching the win. One , Two, Three, just like that! It brought tears to my eyes to watch the video and hear all of the team moms screaming (me the loudest) and watch Hudsons friends and teammates come out to give him chestbumps and high-fives. Hudson kept his trophy baseball. But it meant Hudson wouldn't be allowed to pitch in Saturdays games against the best team. Long story short, we won the next two on Saturday. And what a hectic day it was after playing in South Jordan and leaving at 6:15 to zoom down to Spanish Fork about 45 min away for the next game at 7pm. Then driving home at 10:30pm. Finally getting to bed at midnight. But our bed felt sooo good compared to the night we had at our hotel Friday night. We had 2 double beds and a rollaway for Tierra. So the 3 boys slept in one bed until about 2am. Mind you we didn't get to sleep until midnight because Larry was up figuring out the stats from the games and Hud was watching ESPN. Just as I fall asleep, Hud fell out of bed, and Logan kept whining because his leg hurt. I didn't bring any medi. So after getting up for the third time to rearrange the boys because of Logan's constant wiggling and Parks arm on Huds face etc. I brought Logan in bed with Lar and I. It was way too crowded, but worse was Logan's tossing and turning because his leg ached. I rubbed it until he fell into a deep sleep about 4 am. But we had to get up early to get in the continental breakfast before heading to the pool again. We didn't want the boys swimming too much or too late into the day or they'd be worn out for their games. Not to mention Tierra, Lynn and Samantha and I had to get in some shopping at the local mall and we found some great deals!
Logan, Parks, Aaron and the "baseball buddies" Andrew, Scott and Hud soaking their sore muscles.
Hudson and Andrew cannonballing.
Again Sam and Ashley babying Logan.
After Friday nights games we didn't get back to our rooms until 10:20pm the pools closed at 11:00 and the boys wanted to swim and hot tub. It was so relaxing after a long stressful day.
Thank you Samantha and Ashley for entertaining Parks and Logan every game! They love you and so do I!
It was like winter in May. We could see our breath. The umbrella was used in case of rain but mainly to keep away the wind.
P.S. The boys made up the rest to their chant. It goes like this.
We don't drink no lemonade
all we drink is Gatorade.
We don't play with barbie dolls
all we do is play baseball.
We don't strike out anymore
all we do is hit and score.
We hit homeruns and grandslams
we catch every ball that's slammed.
RedHawks....Baseball
RedHawks....Baseball
YEEAAAHHH!



1 comments:
It looks AND sounds like you had a great time! Awesome job Hudson!
Post a Comment