Thursday, May 15, 2008

Peregrine Falcon


My family has enjoyed taking turns bringing dinner to Grandma and Grandpa Chris. They love birds. They always have a bucket of peanuts for the kids to place out on their deck, then we watch for the Bluejay to come get them. Yesterday while visiting, Grandpa took us to his computer and showed us this website he keeps on his desktop. http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/peregrine Go to camra 2 and watch these falcons who have made their nest above Temple Square, take turns sitting on their eggs. They should be hatching this weekend.

2 comments:

Kim said...

My new thing is birds. I have seen the prettiest ones lately in our back field. I think I'm getting old, because I'm drawn to "knick knacks" of birds! Oh, dear!

"HOME...THE PERFECT NEST"

love ya like a sis!

Hey!
That must be why I like you! Birdie!

Stacy said...

Merrill's mom can whistle at the bluejays by her house and they come to get the peanuts when she does. She can now stand as close as 2 feet away while they eat them. OH, and have you watched them check for the best ones. My kids think that is fun to watch.