Friday, May 16, 2008

My Dandelion Patch

(this picture goes out to Tiff. Sorry I didn't get a close up of Larry's glasses. )

When I look out at a field of yellow dandelions, I think they are beautiful. If only people thought that of my yard. Maybe they do until the dandelions go to seed! So I had spent hours outside yesterday digging up those relentless weeds. No one at my house has a green thumb and our lawn has always been a mess. But we try, little by little. My mom is always so willing to come help. Parks was an awesome worker. Logan was good at squirting the ants with bug spray, even weed killer when I wasn't looking.




Parks made him a rest spot on his "dandelion digger."



The ground was pretty hard and he was hoping his little bottom



would push the digger in deeper while he rested.






I couldn't find Logan. I called and called, inside the house, out in the backyard. We finally heard his little voice coming from one end of the yard. I never knew he as climber! Needless to say his hands were covered in sap for the rest of the day and night!






My big helpers stuck in there with me until dusk.







We dug up a whole garbage bag full. Almost the size of Logan.



But we're still not done!! My back and hands are killing me!

But I'd rather ache from spring yardwork than shoveling snow!
Bring on the heat!
ooh but I need my sprinklers fixed first.








10 comments:

Stacy said...

About your sprinklers....Merrill is really good at sprinkler systems if you need help. I can't help with the dandylion problem sorry. Mine is just as bad. Good luck and I am glad you have such cute little helpers. Oh,believe it or not the hand sanitizers help to get the sap off.

Nadia Woodhouse said...

hahah look at grandma.

Angela said...

Stacy, Yes We need help with our sprinklers. I'd much rather pay Merrill than the city guys! We are getting our secondary water hooked up soon so it would be nice to have sprinklers again.
You HAVE to let me in your blog. I'm dying to see it.

amy said...

Your yard is looking great! Emily brings me a bouquet everyday of the pretty yellow flowers that she picked for me. At least she isn't letting them turn into blowies!

Tiffany said...

I love the glasses!!!!! Where can I get a pair????(lol)
Hey Stacy is right about Merrill he hooked us up in Clinton best system on the block. I need him again....I feel for you I'm hating my yard too.....
Your boys are so cute!!!
P.S. Hello!!!!
other side of the road Hudson!hee hee hee

Ellie McFreaken said...

Ang, I am glad you ar blogging! It is fun to be able to see what you guys are up to. I don't even see you and our kids are in preschool together!
Your family is beautiful and Tierra is growing up way too fast.

Feel better...I am glad preschool is cancelled it's going to be 94 today!

Stacy said...

It's not much but get me your email address and I will surely invite you. I love your blog by the way! Tiff has my cell phone number. Merrill is out of work with a hurnia for the next 4 weeks but I am sure we can figure out something if you can give him a couple weeks to heal a little. Do you need a whole new system or just some of them fixed? Call me and we can figure out a way to help.

Tiffany said...

Wow! 7 comments just thought I would add one more... hee hee
you should post your cute buckets. Great job!

Angela said...

Poor Merrill. I'd hate to have him do our sprinklers after a hernia, even if he is healed. Both my brother and brother-in-law had that surgery.
Good luck.
Tiff...Good idea about the buckets. I hadn't thought of it.

Angela said...

Angie B...hey I want in on your blog, I hate it when I get comments from blocked people...it makes me want to see their blog RIGHT away! Thanks for finding me. I was going to ask you anyway after Kim told me about your blog.