Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year! *2009*

This years New Years Eve party started out with a little friendly competition including Foosball and Ping Pong. Dawson didn't make it to midnight.

My favorite was the Newly Wed game which we lost by one point. If only Larry would have given the right answers! :) After the count down, we did some dancing under the disco ball and the limbo, which hurt my back on the first try.

Happy New Year! (We had the Steelers theme going in our family. We wanted to bring the New Year in right. Tierra was at a friends house.)
I guess no one received the memo that said the party was an all-nighter except for the Birts, Reynolds and Williams family. Or I think it said until 2:30am at least! We karaoked to "We're Not Gonna Take It", "The Gambler", "Brown Eyed Girl", and "Sweet Home Alabama" to name a few.

Parks got very excited while we rocked to Twisted Sister.And then a little more excited. He was belting it out along with us at the top of his lungs!

And dancing. Larry didn't catch his crazy air guitar playing on camra.
Lane plugging one ear to make sure he is on pitch to "The Gambler".

9 comments:

pcb said...

That is such a cute picture of you on Larry's lap and he is actually smiling too! I still can't believe that he will sing in public! (not to say he doesn't sing well - just with his social disorder and all). Great Blog!

Jeni said...

I too..wish I could have heard Larry sing! This looks like WAY too much fun! You guys are party animals.

leafhopper said...

So during the cold winter boring months are we going to party? I miss you too. For New Years the Hyde's decided to do the Biggest Loser competition. Of course I will be the biggest gainer hehehe.

Jenny Lee said...

Oh how I wish we could have been there! I miss all you fun party animals. I think we're the biggest party people here and that's not saying much. It sure looked like you had a great time. I'm not surprised that you three couples stayed so late. How fun!

Shaury said...

Darn that newlywed game. It looks like Lane takes his singing really seriously. Sounds like a fun night.

Jodi said...

Fun times!! Parks is the cutest thing ever!! That newleywed game was hilarious, we'll have to do that again sometime!! I loved your family Steeler theme!! You all looked soooo cute!! We weren't aware that the party was an all-nighter!! None of our family could have stayed awake!! Ridger was out by 10:00pm LOL!! Happy 2009!!

Angela said...

Paige, Larry doesn't have the social disorder, he just doesn't talk unless he really has something to say like me who just blabs about nothing. ha ha
And he doesn't think he can sing but I think he has a good voice. The very last song he did a little Beastie Boys rap of his own. Surprised everyone with his talent.

Kim said...

That was a lot of fun! I especially loved your Michael Jordan moves in the gym! Ha! We're not gonna take it...No! We were ROCKIN!

Diana said...

Happy 09, guess that means we really got to start thinking of some creative ideas for our Narina invites. Do you know when the next meeting is? I'm glad you guys had such a fun Christmas and New Year:)