This has been a long time coming. We enjoyed a family campout (the only one this year that we took our trailor) to Bear Lake back in August. I never had time to publish it while my sister and her family were here. So I've just been drafting it bit by bit since then.
I had so much to say about it but by now it is forgotten. You're probably all thankful. ha
But I did want to mention Minnetonka Cave, just about 10 miles up St. Charles Canyon. It was discovered by Ed Arnell (I think that was the name). So I'm wondering if Brandon has some claim on it??
Then we stopped at a historical monument and among the first people to settle Bear Lake was another Arnell, sent their by Brigham Young. And across the street was an "Arnell" paint shop. Heck we don't need to camp along side the road anymore...we have family that practically own Bear Lake so we want a freakin' condo!
A little history about Minnetonka cave. It was first named Porcupine Cave because they found porcupine bones in the entrance. (We camped at Porcupine campground). The name was changed to the Indian word Minnetonka which means dripping waters which is how the formations are formed.
Sorry to do another slide show but I have a lot of pics from our trip and my kids don't ever get to see them unless I do something like this out of them on the computer. And the Najdawi's came up to visit us for the day on the beach, so I'm sure they'll enjoy seeing them. (Personally I love making slideshows and watching them!)
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Bear Lake Escape
haphazardly created by Angela on Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
hahaha i was laughing so hard at the 'troll toes' oh man i had forgotten about that. Mariah would be so mad if she saw this...ahahhahaha trolly trolly
Can I just say that the bouncing snowman really gets on my nerves, when I'm trying to read and he won't get out of the way!!! Good post, I love your slide shows and all of your pictures. I wish I were better at having a camera around.
For anyone who doesn't like my page pets, just chase him with your mouse and they'll move, most of them try to get away and it's hard to click on them. But when you do click on them, they say funny things. But sorry I like a new pet with each season so i won't be getting rid of them. :)
Angela!!! I love your summer posts in the winter!! Please keep them coming!! It makes me so excited for summer!! WOW!! I really miss Bear Lake right now!! What I wouldn't give to be camping there right now!! Was that statue where Ryan and Stephs house used to be?!?! ):
Hey,remember when Larry went and got pizza for all of us when we were snowmobiling in Bear Lake, and accidentally took Ryans keys home with you guys!! All the way to South Weber, and came all the way back to bring them!!! Oh fun times!! We need to get a snowmobile trip to Bear Lake again!!
I love your slideshows and your bouncing snowman!!!!
To be honest, the snowman has gotten on my nerves a time or two along with the turkey. Anyways I love your slideshow. It make a cold winters day warm to see all your summer fun.
angela...we camped at that smae campground and I want to say that very same spot????? That would be too crazy huh?
We love Bear Lake and go every summer. St Charles is a great spot. Like Jodi said the summer posts in the winter are great! I am so ready for a few degrees warmer and some sunglasses!
I have never been to the Cave...next summer!
When you commented onn my blog and said Kim L. I coudn't think of who you were talking about! Kim LIbby! I forgot that we all took a class together. That was fun. I sure hope Kim is still doing photography she was so good! You could do it too Ang....pull out the camera.
Post a Comment