Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cabela's

After our boys had a chance to go to Cabela's with Pop and Gram and eat the breakfast buffet, they have always wanted to go back. They tell us they had the best bacon. So we thought we'd take a trip down since Larry and I have never been there, and we took my mom. It is a fun place, even if you're not a hunter or fisherman. Tierra even said it was fun.

Unfortunately we didn't realize they only had the breakfast buffet on Saturday and Sundays. We got there on a Friday about 10:15am so we were starving! But all they had for us was boxes of cold cereal. So we all loaded back in the Suburban and headed down the freeway to IHOP. We were lucky enough to be back at Cabela's in time for the fish feeding frenzy. They have huge aquariums filled with enormous trout, bass, bluegills and others. We especially liked when they dropped in live gold fish and watching the fish eating them. Some of the fish that were too small to swallow them just swam around with the gold fish hanging out of their mouth still gulping for air. No, I'm not sadistic! It's the circle of life.


They have wonderful scenery with lots of varieties of deer and elk. We even seen a stuffed Polar Bear, Musk Ox and a Zebra head. Tierra was appalled that anyone would hunt a zebra.
I wish Larry could shoot one of these on his annual hunting expeditions and bring it home to the boys. They would love it! I sometimes wonder if he is really gone hunting. ha ha Maybe someday my boys will shoot one themselves.

Grandma gave the kids money, so we headed for the Shooting Gallery for some target practice.
They loved shooting the snake under the porch which would slither out and shoot water at your face. Parks said he was hit in the eye with "poison" 8 times!
Tierra and Grandma lounging in their "cabin living room".

I know Uncle Raymond and Ed would love this store. Mom said you have one similar to it, but I'm hoping you'll come out for a visit and I'll treat you to their breakfast buffet...Next time we'll go on a Saturday!

2 comments:

pcb said...

I'm seeing a shooting pattern here - you guys need to get some other interests before you're off living in a hunting cabin and writing nasty letters to the government!

GINGER said...

My Justice loves Cabelas. He went there with my parents a while ago and thought it was the best. I didn't know about the breakfast though. What a fun outing!!