Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Like father like son

Hudson has really seemed to grow up these last few weeks. One thing that has changed is he actually enjoys sitting down and watching a full football game with his dad. He has always enjoyed sports but not to the point of watching them play by play. He will choose now to watch football with Larry over watching a video with Parks and Logan.
I like watching the Steelers and the Jazz because they are "our teams" and I know the players and care who wins, but when it comes to other teams I actually hate watching them. But Hudson will gravitate to the TV when he hears his dad yelling and he will start commenting on plays and certain things happening even when they are teams he doesn't know.
Sure, now I think it's cute, and "special" that they have this connection. But I feel sorry for his future wife. :) ha ha JK

Sunday we watched the Steelers vs. Chargers. (my brother Rance is a Chargers fan so I feel torn) . I grew up watching the Dallas Cowboys and San Diego Chargers with my two brothers. Larry soon had me converted to the Steelers. He has very strong feelings "against" the Cowboys so it persuaded me not to like them anymore. (Sorry Chudri) So this win put them in the semi-finals. One more Superbowl win and they will have won 6 rings. More than any other NFL team in history! (knock on wood)

We saw some fans in the stands wearing Steeler masks so to get the kids riled up I put on a ski mask and Larry's winter hat he's had since he was Hudson's age. No, Tierra doesn't feel left out that she doesn't have a Steelers' shirt. She wouldn't wear one if we bought her one. And she isn't here watching the game with us because she went to Shae's house. Logan is our little photographer. He is always getting the camra out and taking our pictures anywhere, anytime. (Jeni inspired me to put these 3 songs on my blog, perfect for the occasion!)

4 comments:

pcb said...

I know exactly what you mean, except Cam has been one to sit down and watch games since before he could talk. When he was two he loved to watch golf! (not many mature men will watch golf). Anyway, this is mostly all he does with his limited free time, watch any and all sports on TV. The traits they get from parents seem to be magnified in kids! I too feel sorry for Cam's future wife. I guess she will always know where he is though.

Jodi said...

Fun post Angela!! I think that is so cute you all have Steelers shirts!! I too, always wonder when my boys will totally love sports so much that they will sit and really enjoy a game on tv. River still isn't quite to that point. I love your ski mask!! what a fun mom!!

Shaury said...

Funny! Because of Larry, I grew up pretending Michael Jordan was my husband.

Anonymous said...

how fun