Well it is final. Noel was sold yesterday. None of the kids shed any tears, which made it easier on me, but nonetheless it was very sad. She was so cute in her little pink sweater looking back at us as she followed them out to their car.
Today I've noticed all the cute little things she did that will be missed and that I took for granted. (or granite) ha ha
Memories of Princess Noel's Cookie Crumbs: (her official AKC name)
*Whenever I sit down on the couch, she was always staring at me from the ground waiting for me to get comfy so she could curl up next to me.
*When we walked in the door her little toenails making a clicking sound on the kitchen tile running back and forth with a toy in her mouth.
*If Larry and I stayed up late watching TV she was always there with us, but every so often she would get down and go stand at the top of the hallway hoping we'll get the hint to go to bed. She never went to bed without us. And she slept on the bench at the end of our bed with a bunch of wadded up blankets. When the weather was really cold she would sneak up our bed in the middle of the night and crawl under the blankets to sleep by our feet.
*When any school buses came by she would let out one little yipe and run frantically from the door to the top of the couch to look out the window. Here is the bus now bringing Hud and Parks home and no Noel. :(
*When I cooked she was always at my feet staring at me with sad eyes hoping to get a scrap of food.
*It's weird not having to let her out the back door to go potty. i almost went straight there by habit when I woke up this morning.
*I didn't have to shut the bathroom door before I left the house to keep her out of the bathroom garbage. Yuck.
*Larry and I taught her a few tricks like sit, shake and "belly". She'd lay down and show you her belly. She could also jump like a rabbit and would jump up to Larry's chest for a treat. Larry gave her the nickname of "Smelly" I guess cause it kind of rhymes with Noel (smell) and she did stink. ha ha He has nicknames for everything. That was pretty much what we called her at home.
Today was a beautiful sunny day and Logan begged me to take him for a walk. Poor Noel would have loved to join us. When she heard the word "walk" she would perk up and go to the garage door. She was a smart dog. She always tried to please us.
*Larry and I taught her a few tricks like sit, shake and "belly". She'd lay down and show you her belly. She could also jump like a rabbit and would jump up to Larry's chest for a treat. Larry gave her the nickname of "Smelly" I guess cause it kind of rhymes with Noel (smell) and she did stink. ha ha He has nicknames for everything. That was pretty much what we called her at home.
Today was a beautiful sunny day and Logan begged me to take him for a walk. Poor Noel would have loved to join us. When she heard the word "walk" she would perk up and go to the garage door. She was a smart dog. She always tried to please us.
I have walked with Noel to the Posse ground hundreds of times. That was her favorite thing I think. I felt very sentimental the whole time, not just about Noel but thinking about people who might not appreciate this beautiful world we live in and the awful things that happen to good people. So, I took these pictures with Logan.
No I don't regret selling her, it was something that was inevitable with the way our lives are headed, but it doesn't mean we won't miss her.
I hope she is happy. She went to a home with another girl dog to keep her company, and that makes me happy. She needs a friend. But I feel for her since I know it will take her awhile to get use to.
Whenever my mom tended her for us, she wouldn't eat and my mom said she'd go to the door like she was ready to come home.
We love you Smelly!



6 comments:
When I was reading this I was thinking I went through all of those same feelings about Chip - but he was dead. It has to be better thinking that she is just with another family. (That doesn't mean I don't think I will see him again someday.) It sounds like you were full of nostalgia and deep thoughts today. I think all of you will miss her more than you think.
You know what's weird Paige, I can go to your deleted comment and read what you wrote. ha ha
Yes we miss her a ton and I'm sure we will keep missing her as things happen to remind us of her.
She was so sweet. I really would have loved to had another litter of puppies. They were so fun and good for the kids to learn to take care of.
Oh Sadness! I loved Noel! I guess I won't have to baby sit for you anymore! I'll miss Noel, she was a cute dog! And....I don't have any doggies! :(
Do you want to go Visiting teaching tomorrow?
Oh how sad! That was so quick(finding a new home) Glad to hear the kids weren't too sad!!
Your walk pics are so cute- what a beautiful sunny day it was!!
i seriously think i might cry. as much as i tortured her, noel was the closest thing to a real dog i've ever had. thanks for taking away all my childhood dreams
Yes Kim let's go VT. at least it makes it look good by me saying so. ha ha
You had to babysit by default...good friend, bad dog.
Post a Comment