I really enjoyed Pres. Watts talk on temples Sunday. It was the same one he gave last December. That was pretty powerful coming from our very own Temple President. I thought then, 'how can I not go once a month and get those blessings he promised'? But this time he said once a month was a minimum. Since I don't work, I think I should be able to make it once a week. Rachel and I thought it would be nice to set a certain Tuesday every month aside for a girl temple day. We haven't decided which Tuesday yet, but we'll let you know soon. We'll meet at 1pm (after we get our Kindergartners on the bus) to do Initiatories for anyone who wants to come. If you want to carpool, call a friend and invite them. Spread the word. If you're not able to make that certain Tuesday, I'll be going trying to go every Tuesday if you ever want to go please come keep me company. I'll even buy you a Farr's Ice cream after. ha ha
Friday, October 3, 2008
Temples
My brother had researched family names almost a year ago and we've all been taking turns doing the work. When Cynthia came this summer from Germany she really wanted to attend the temple while she was here and do our grandma's name. The closest temple to her is about 4 hrs away I believe. She didn't realize her recommend had expired in June until she went to buy garments downtown. She had plans to attend the Ogden Temple with her friends and do lunch. They had to go without her. She was in tears.
She is the Relief Society Pres and is always reminding everyone else to renew their recommends so she was so frustrated that she forgot her own. They can't renew their's weekly as we can. Their Branch Pres. comes around every 6 months. I talked to Pres. Watts to see if there was anything we could do and he gave us the Bountiful temple Pres.'s name (since the Ogden Temple was now closed for cleaning). But then we decided if we had to drive we'd rather visit the SL temple. We called the SL temple Pres. who told us she'd have to call her bishop and do her interview over the phone, then he'd have to call the branch pres. then she'd have to call the branch pres. and do the final interview and then he'd have to call the temple pres. While she was on the last few questions with the branch pres. her cell went dead. All this trouble for little ol' her. ha ha
We were so lucky to be able to finally take those names and go do a live session together just one week before she flew back to Germany. The live sessions are going to end soon. That was the first time we've ever been to the temple together and my first time for a live session.
The day we went was 8-8-08 so it was so crowded with wedding couples. It was fun to watch them take pictures and Nadia, who waited for us outside, was speculating which dresses were cute and what kind of dress she wanted. I also ran into Stephanie Cook on the grounds.
We met our friends the Boydens at Gateway for lunch after the temple, then went to see their home under reconstruction. It turned out to be a long but fulfilling day!
haphazardly created by Angela on Friday, October 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
well i have decided that i will be married in slc on 09-09-09 so you have a year to get ready for the best wedding ever. just giving you a heads up. also when i get bored in class (don't tell my mom) since facebook is blocked on campus i always read your blog and kims so thank you for entertaining me.
Good for you!
Nadia,
I would love to hear what's happening in YOUR life!!!!! You make me laugh! Do you have a blog?
aaahh, if we lived closer I would go to the temple with you!
Kim, yes Nadia has a blog but she doesn't update it, she just does facebook to keep in touch with her friends.
Tammy, We can still meet at the temple. I've never done work in the Jordan River temple. We could take turns doing all the local temples. I've always wanted to go with all you guys.
Oh and Kim you can tell Nadia has a blog since her Name is on the comment. he he
well once again i am in science class and am dying of bordom therefore i might start updating my blog just for you lovley ladies. because my life is so interesting and in such demand :)
Post a Comment