Monday, September 29, 2008

**Monday Memories**

Monday started out with me and Kim in Rachel's living room standing 2 feet away from the television awaiting Trudy's big day as a special guest host on Good Things Utah. It was really fun seeing her and all the people in the audience we knew. We saw Dirk and their twins of course, then Cara, Brook, Natalie, Heather, Holly, Missy, Angie and Vicki. I felt so nervous for her the whole time but she did great and is so cute.

Larry went hunting from Tuesday to Sunday. He came home without a deer again. The kids would be so excited to see a dead deer hanging from our tree...so would I. But there is one more chance in a few weeks he will be Elk hunting. Cross your fingers.
I always get so much done while he is away. Why is that?
Some things I accomplished in 4 days that would normally not get done in a 6 month period.

1. cleaned out and organized my closet and the boys closet. Rotated summer clothes with fall ones and took several bags to the DI and made $20 at Kid to Kid. Tierra cleaned her room and has 7 more bags!

2. vacuumed all blinds, floor boards and vents, dusted the fans

3. cleaned out the fridge

4. organized and cleaned off the computer desk, piano and end table, all 3 get piled up with papers I don't know what to do with, put up Halloween decorations

5. Finally hung up our family pictures from April and rearranged other pictures

6. cleaned out silverware drawer and tupperware cabinet

Besides doing the regular cleaning of bathrooms, laundry etc. Is this what it feels like to be on crack? ha ha But it doesn't matter because it one week it will be dirty again. Larry should go away once a month so I could keep up.
But like the sticker saying I commented about on Amy's blog...
People with clean houses lead boring lives. Or something to that effect.

I haven't seen much of Tierra these past weeks. She's been getting off the bus at a friends about twice a week. Emily talked Tierra into taking dance with her at Michele's. Tierra enjoys it as long as she doesn't have to perform. Her and her friends have been to 2 haunted houses in SLC this week. Tierra LOVES to be scared. She also went to the Star party for her Earth Science class. They star gazed through huge telescopes.

Hudson's class has been learning about the ocean since school started. His class made individual aquariums in pop bottles this week. He was able to bring his fish home Friday. He named his guppies Gwen and Spike.
I took Hudson to Target to spend a $15 gift card he received for his birthday, way back in July. We spent over an hour looking at toys and he couldn't decide on anything to get except a $2 mini bowling set and a $2 balloon rocket launcher. I was frustrated because we had to make 2 bathroom trips in between looking and Noel was waiting in the truck. So in the end I decided on a board game (Sequence, fun times at the Auger's with that one) that the whole family could enjoy. Chalk up one more bad experience at Target!

Parks and Hudson stay after school for Dodgeball on Monday, Thursday and Fridays. They absolutely love it. Parks is so excited all day for it and when I pick them up he has a big grin and always has stories to tell me of how he caught the ball and got a big, fast 5th grader out. I think he is maybe the only Kindergartner playing. As a family soccer is our least favorite sport, so I didn't sign Parks up. Well he found out from a friend that soccer season is on and asked if he could play. Poor thing. I should have put him in for the exercise alone, but I hate sitting through the rain and hail which always seems to happen during soccer season. It's not as bad when watching football for some reason. But Jr. Jazz is coming up. He is excited about that.
Parks went to Primary Rehab to get fitted for a new DAFO. Now I'm going to be the good mom (maybe not in Parks eyes) and make him wear it everyday, like I should have done for the past 3 years. Parks doesn't like it, but it will help him down the road. I wish I had taken pictures. I've never taken any pictures at therapy over the years and it is something I wish Parks had to look back on and see what he's done.


Logan knows the routine of going to Dawsons after only 2 weeks now. It's like he can sense it's the day. He asked me after Parks got on the bus "Am I going to Dawson's today?" I said yes and he said "Yahoooey, I love going to D-bone's house". They are hilarious together. They act all tough and older than they really are. Their interaction together is so funny.

5 comments:

Jenny Lee said...

You are amazing to do all that housework. Can you come do mine? Our house was spotless when we moved in but already it needs the blinds dusted, baseboards washed, windows washed etc. I hate that stuff. Too bad Larry didn't get a deer. It sounds like you have been so busy. How's Andrea Gardner? I haven't heard any news.

amy said...

You even got caught enough to blog!

Tiffany said...

Oh Ang I need you to come see me! lol I have about 10 loads that need to be washed, a bathroom just one to clean and everyones beding needs to be washed cause I didn't wash Shae and Cole's last week...
and I'm leaving town on friday.(lol)
Maybe if I leave it Chris will have it done when I get home....

Stacy said...

Angela, is Trudy the one that makes those cute bracelet watches? I thought she was really cute on GTU. If she is, I would like to know how to get a hold of her. Thanks.

Angela said...

Oh you guys act like I'm a cleaning machine. That is not really me! It only happens about once a year. So that is a lot of dirt to clean after a year's build up.
Yes Trudy is the one that had the watch bracelets.