I just love Kindergarten when they bring home their first artwork and you feel like crying. This is Parks self portrait and I absolutely love it! I didn't know what a good colorer he was. Tierra was my only child who liked to sit down and color in coloring books. When Hudson started Kindergarten I was worried because all they do is artsy stuff and he was never into that at home, but he turned out to enjoy it at school. Parks loves to show me things he has learned to draw like a flower, bird, tree, house. When I tell him something that would be easy to draw he says "No way, that will be hard". Then I show him and he catches on fast. I wish they had made the same S.W. t-shirts as last year with their self portraits. I loved them.
So these are a few of the magical things that have adorned our refrigerator over the past month.
...then transforms into a butterfly.
Johnny Appleseed
monthly calendars
Parks has made an alphabet book, but I chose this one because it begins Parks' name.
I felt bad I didn't take a picture of Hud's colorful fish while it was on the fridge so I had to take one of Hud's skeleton, since he is learning the names of bones.
And don't get me wrong, it's not all pretty. On the other side I have appt. cards, magnets, family pics, the lunch menu, spelling and vocabulary lists, library schedule, handouts, reminders, calendars, coupons etc.
The hard part is knowing which art pieces you hold on to and which ones you throw away. At my age I could care less to go through a book of drawings I made in elementary school. I'm getting less and less sentimental as my kids grow up and my house becomes smaller. They are very cute, but we can't take them with us. (the art that is, we CAN take the children with us)I want to start a tag on this..I would love to see what's on your fridge. Anybody and everybody.
(Don't feel obligated to take the ugly picture of all the papers though.)



7 comments:
I am so impressed at Parks' self portrait. He is REALLY good. And look at his great use of color..so bold and intense.
This was a fun post ang! I can't wait to take a photo of my fridge!
haha i really like how park's eyes are two different colors. i'm also glad i made it on the fridge!
I can't wait to have all the fun things they make in school. Of course I get the ocassional cute thing they make in preschool but the last one Caleb brought home he threw away because he said he messed up and didn't like it. Haha
by the way, I like your blog makeover.
Our fridge looks like a paper mache with all the notes and schedules and Riley's art work. You can't see the fridge for the paper. lol
I love this post. It was so much fun. Thanks for sharing.
What a fun post!
Parks eyes are the same color. One is just small so you can't see the little bit of blue in the middle. He knows whats up. ha ha
Post a Comment