Monday, October 27, 2008

**Monday Memories**10/27/08

Hudson's flag football season came to an end Tuesday with a loss in a tournament game. The team had a pizza party Friday night at Carson's house, where they hot tubbed and played around. The rest of us went to the Ward Halloween Party. I always think I'm starting early to get the kids ready in their Halloween costumes, but it always takes longer than I estimate. I made these mummy cupcakes for the party. Something fast and easy.
I never see Tierra anymore. At 15 she is on the go. She spends most of her time at Emily's. There was an afterschool stomp this week and a dance party at Michele's and of course she got in some time at the mall and then she went with her dad Phillip to a football game Saturday night and then back to his house, played some pool and hung out with family until 2am! But that's OK because he is moving to Las Vegas next month.

S.W. elementary does a news minute every Monday morning and they sent home a note to have your kids participate in a lipsync to be shown on their program. Well it just so happens...I am the queen of home made videos. ha ha As a child (and teenager) I made many home videos with my cousins. If you ever want to see them, come on over. They are a blast. I showed them to Larry on our first date. What was I thinking??? We always found old fashioned, interesting songs to do. And the best part was dressing up. So I wanted my kids to have a sneak peek at how fun it can be. We invited some of Hudson's and Parks' friends, Scott Daybell, Jessica Poff, Ellie and Molly McReaken, (Madeline Cook and Jacob Woolsey couldn't make it) and made this video a few weeks ago, that is probably being shown today at school. Amy, Angie and Lyn have not even seen the final product yet. You can't tell in the video, but it is pouring rain and we filmed at least 4 different takes. I wish I had zoomed in on their faces one at a time. But I tried to give them equal air time. Cute little Molly was cold and drenched but was a trooper and is soo cute! And Ellie has her mom's rhythm! Turn off my music before you watch it.



9 comments:

Jenny Lee said...

The video is a classic! Loved it! They were so cute. I loved your cupcakes. That's such a cute & easy idea. I was wondering if Savannah would be able to do her party this year. I'm sad too that she didn't have it. That party was something we all looked forward to. Hopefully she'll get it going again next year. I'm glad that the ward did their party though. Our ward's is tomorrow night. We're doing the chili cook-off, games, and trunk-or-treat. Sounds familiar? Thanks for always saying such nice things on my blog. You're great!

Jodi said...

That video was so cute!! What a fun mom!! That's so sad Hudsons team lost. That's so cool they went so far though! Both of our boys teams lost in the first playoff game. Like Tierra, Rylee also is never home, its crazy how old they're getting!! Did Tierra get her driving permit yet?
And your cupcakes were so darling!!

Ellie McFreaken said...

hey! Love the video! It turned out cute and it's funny how you can't tell it's the pouring rain!
I have been slacking lately leaving comments on blogs but also becuase Jake is working on a project and so the computer is out of command 90 % of the day. I am not helping out with the Party in Ellie's class only Mo's!
Cute blog Ang! Very Halloween-ish!

Jeni said...

LOVE the video..wow those kids can dance!
And...your mummy cupcakes are awesome!

Diana said...

Where to start??? I love the mummy cupcakes, we both have "Monster Mash" on the brain, you pluck your arm pit? how painful, and I love your "what adorns your fridge" post. What a fun idea. Have you started reading the Magician's Nephew?

Becky A said...

did you get that cupcake idea from the book my mom gave us? very clever!

amy said...

Love the final product! I'm glad that you finally got it onto the news.

leafhopper said...

ahh, videos and the good ol days! Makes me want to make one with my kids. Cute cupcakes.

Angela said...

I got the cupcake idea from a website, coolest-birthday-cakes.com