Let's just start with last Thursday. I put Parks on the bus and the bus driver says "this is going to be tricky" referring to manuevering around the giant hole dug in the middle of the road. Well I head for my mailbox and am talking to Rose when we turn around and see the bus's back wheel is in the hole. "My son is on that bus!"
They have all the Kindergartners get out and sit on the grass...you can barely see them in the distance. I run over and tell them I can round up enough parents to take these kids to school. So me, and 2 other parents come to help. By the time we drove away with our carloads another bus had come to take the last of them.
Notice the front tire is not even touching the ground. A tow truck was called to pull it out. But don't worry about the kids. The ones I talked to were laughing about it and Parks said it was "awesome". On the way to school I asked the kids if they wanted to sing a song. So we started singing "the wheels on the bus" song. But I changed the lyrics to "the wheels on the bus go in the hole, in the hole, in the hole" the next verse was "the tow truck pulls the bus out of the hole, out of the hole, out of the hole". They laughed and we had a great time riding to school together. I came home and went across the street to talk to Jean the bus driver (who was taking pics on her cell phone) and told her the story. She said I was mean because now she'll be hearing that song on the bus every day. ha ha
I was just glad that I had been dressed and ready for the day, sometimes I'm still in my sweat bottoms and sleep T-shirt at 12:30pm. ugh
Friday, Tierra's bus didn't come down our street and she got left!!! I'm upset because her bus driver called personally the night before and said he would come down our street. I'm sick of this construction.
I was able to take Andrea to one of her appointments and I really, really enjoyed talking with her and crying with her. My boys loved playing in the waiting room, it had the best toys. I enjoyed a peaceful 30 minutes of reading. When it came time to leave we were literally walking out the door without my boys because they didn't want to leave. Yet Andrea feels like she is a burden, when on the other hand because of what she is going through, we are learning lessons and hopefully becoming better people. She is so fun and easy to talk to that I wonder why we didn't hang out more often then just at YW's activities. But I'm so glad I served with her, otherwise I wouldn't know her like I do.
Friday we had our first "Narnia" meeting with Mrs. Sheffield. That's why I'm reading The lion the witch and the wardrobe. But it's close to the movie so when I'm done I'm going to need to read The Magicians Nephew so I know what's going on. I'm so excited. It's a lot of work, that's why we're planning so early. It's not even until May! This year it will be combined with Mrs. McGarry's class.
Larry flew home late Friday night. I'm sad to report I didn't get any cleaning done while he was gone. :( And after this snowstorm, the worst part is my patio still has summer stuff scattered all over and is now buried in snow. I wish I had my camera to take pictures of my boys playing in the first snow of the season. Hudson built a fort and came in sopping wet because we haven't dug out their boots, hats or snowpants yet.
Saturday was our annual donut making day at Gram's house with all the cousins.
We tried to count and estimated between 40 to 50 dozen! There are many jobs to do and lots of little hands to help. 
Cutting the donuts and holes out, frying them and glazing them.
Don't forget, eating the donuts! Everyone had messy faces and fingers and achy bellies.
And of course we don't hog them all to ourselves, we share with our neighbors, family & friends.
Delivering them in the sleet.

If you didn't get any, I'm sorry. We came around and many people were not home because of the temple assignment I assume.



11 comments:
Love the bus story! glad you got pictures, that is hilarious! Good old Jean...
Those donuts were yummy! Thank You so much!
Great post! Good old South Weber road construction. I can't believe it's still going on. Those pictures of the bus in the hole and the song you made up were classic! You should make money for those. The doughnut party looked like so much fun. You guys have so many cute traditions.
How embaressing for the bus driver. haha. Love the song. I didn't get any yummy donuts. ;( One of the many reasons we need to live closer.
I sooo miss Diane's donuts. It has been years. I guess I will now have to make my own now that those pictures have set off a major craving.
The bus thing is a little scary but funny too! I am so glad the kids thought it so cool. Great pictures.
Now I found out our bus driver is claiming she cleared the barrier, it's just the dirt was so soft her wheel fell in. That gives her the excuse to the transportation department to not have to come and get my kids and Amy's! We'll just ask the construction workers what really happened. ha ha
Oh I can't stop laughing about the bus incident! When oh when will that construction be over!?
Rubber duckie makes me cry...my dad used to sing that song in his band when I was little. :)
I'm jealous you got to take Andrea. That is so neat and fun for both of you.
And that was the best doughnut I have ever eaten.
I heard about the bus incident. Jean had told me about it the next day, because Ryker wouldn't ride the bus that morning and she thought that maybe it was because of that incident. But those pictures make the whole story even more funny!!
Everyday when I see those stupid "ROAD CLOSED" signs, I think of you!! I am so sick of it, I can't imagine how sick of it you guys must be!! Ridgers preschool (and my mom's house) are both just on the other side of the freeway, so I have to go through Riverdale and get on the freeway just to get back over there!! What a pain!! Are they ever going to be done? Maybe the construction workers really like the sexy blonde that lives on the corner so they've decided to camp out there forever!!!LOL!
Ang, Your boys were so cute when they gave me the yummy donuts. and the bus thing is so funny I'm glad all the kids are alright... I too love spending time with Andrea it makes me so grateful for all that I have. Love ya girl
p.s. I'm with jodi on the sexy blonde that lives on the corner (lol) we really need to do something about her...
I WANT THE ROAD WORK TO END!!!!!!
Your blog is so cute!!
Isn't fall exciting, so much fun going on. Buses in holes, thanksgiving point, and making donuts...I thought of starting a family tradition with my children & grandchildren...but I am thinking caramel apples with lots of toppings. I came up with that after Madi bought one home from YW (yum).
Oh you mean sexy Mrs. Large? cause I know of no other!!
Post a Comment