Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

( This was from last Wednesday...but I forgot to post it. I couldn't delete it when I'd put so much work into it. ha ha Looking back I'm so relieved I'm not feeling that way today!)
You know those days that feel so overwhelming, you'll never get everything accomplished and everything is top most priority? Well I started fretting Tuesday night and I always have to make a list of what I need to do so I can calm myself down and try to plan my day by the hour.

Of course I always add things that I've been meaning to do, but don't need to do and so I feel more exasperated and by the end of the day it looks like I got a lot less done that I actually needed to.



!. Discovery Time at the library, 10:30. The 10 books, 1 tape, and DVD is due.

2. Make Dinner for Grandma and Grandpa Christiansen. This needs to be delivered around 11:30am, because they enjoy the kids to come and Parks Kindergarten bus comes at 12:30. Then Logan will be down for his nap.

I'm making funeral potatoes (and delivering them cooked which takes an hour) and cutting up fruit and vegies so I'll have to get up early because I definately need a shower, it's been two days and I've sweated profusely from playing basketball at the Augers Monday night, then deep cleaning the house all day Tuesday; so I'm 2 days overdue!

Don't forget to mention getting Tierra and Hudson breakfast and having Parks and Hudson watch the DVD from the library on "Good Manners" that we've had for 2 weeks. Not a necessity but it urks me to think they might be missing out on something I'll probably never check out again.

Of course I don't plan on setting my alarm any earlier than usual, 7:17am, just in time to make sure Tierra eats breakfast before she's on the bus. Even when I have much to do, I love my sleep more.

Well I woke up at 6 and couldn't go back to sleep so I'm so proud that I got up and started cutting potatoes and was well on my way by 7 when Larry left for work.

I've had my shower and Hudson's out the door by 8:30, they thoroughly enjoyed the DVD and hopefully learned a thing or two.

Parks is finishing his coloring homework, we need to head out the door in 10 min, but Logan chooses today of all days to sleep in until 9:30. Usually he's up around 8.
Back to my list

3. Harmons

I need to go to Harmons before the library and refill my "blemish control" medi. I am breaking out like a chicken pox epidemic. For crying out loud...I'm 35.
Pick up rolls for G and G's dinner. And I want cream cheese for the bagels we've had for over a week.


4. Bath and Body Works

What do you know? Cynthia calls. I can do my make-up and straighten my hair while I'm on the phone, can't I? I can't not answer when she's calling from half way around the world.
talk talk talk...

Oh well, no Harmons, no rolls, more acne and maybe we'll only be 5 minutes late for the library.

As soon as my kids go sit on the carpet at the library I realize I didn't brush their teeth or comb their hair. How could I miss that? Parks looks like the hair fairy came to visit him again last night. Logan is sporting an afro. Before I leave I take them in the bathroom and wet their hair down and do a run through with my hands.

The next stop was suppose to be the mall. Tierra's birthday is tomorrow. I haven't gotten her anything. I have a 20% coupon for Bath and Body works so I thought I'd grab some good smelling stuff to give her something to open in the morning. Tonight I'm taking her shopping for a new outfit to wear on her birthday, it's the only thing she wanted.

Then I'll grab Parks a parmesan pretzel for his lunch.

Well it is already noon. No mall.

We head to great grandma's. We really need about 2 hours to visit. The kids have so much fun and grandma has so many stories. We rush the visit and still end up late for school. We had to stop home for Parks backpack. Luckily I had granola bars in the car for his lunch and he was only 10 minutes late.

Well Logan fell asleep on the way home from the school, so no going to the mall this afternoon.
I still need to pick blackberries for Tierra's birthday dessert.

And I thought I was doing so well by getting up at 6am!
Aaaauuuuugggghhhhhh!

6 comments:

Jenny Lee said...

I loved reading about your crazy day! You're great! I'm glad that we all have days like that. I especially loved how you talked about forgetting to do your boys hair because I feel like my girls go out the door looking like orphans most everyday and that's even worse for girls. I love how you find humor in your life. It sure helps to laugh a little.

Tiffany said...

Oh Ang you make me laugh...

Shaury said...

I bet Grandma & Grandpa really enjoyed your stinky breath, at least you showered. Ha ha! I bet you're glad that day is over.

Becky A said...

Hey I was confused when I read this, because we took them dinner last night! then I re read the top. LAST WEEK! did you have a better wednesday yesterday?

Jeni said...

loved your wacky wednesday! So glad to hear other people don't get done everything they want to..even when they wake up early. :)
My favorite part was:
"talk talk talk".

Angela said...

Jenny, I found no humor in my day, by the way. Now that I look back, maybe. ha ha
After one of those days I always think I can avoid those days in the future, but they sneak up on you.
Yes Becky I had a much better Wednesday. So much more relaxing.
I feel like I should visit G & G Chris more often! It is fun. Then I wouldn't feel so guilty when we rush out.