I've always wanted to have a post like Jeni's "Flashback Friday" because you could look back on anything and they are fun to see. Jeni said I could copy her, but I didn't want to do that.
I've also wanted to start keeping a typed journal, hoping I'll become more consistant and even going as far as writing a synopsis of my life story for my posterity to pass on.
That's when it came to me to type a few "memories" on my blog of just a few experiences that occured that week. Good and bad. Hopefully through the weeks I have more GOOD than bad. Knock on wood.
This way my children and I will remember more of our journey. Some weeks I may even choose to add past memories, thus covering the "flashback" urge I have. I sooo want to go back in time and be a child again.
So for my first go-around here is what stands out since last Monday.
Debbie and I have created a play date for Dawson (a.k.a. D-bone) and Logan (a.k.a. Gunner.) Once a week Gunner goes to play for 2 hours and another day D-bone comes to our house to play. Gunner would take a nap as soon as Parks got on the bus in the afternoon, but I know he would much rather rough-house with his buddy. This first week went wonderfully. When I use to deliver Butterbraids, at least 6 months ago, Debbie would offer to babysit Logan and the two boys would get in some...let's say brawls that left marks. They have come a long way and both are sooo excited for play day. Dawson is fully potty trained and Logan is still working on #2. Let's hope big D-bone can teach him a thing or number two.
On the down note, while Logan was gone for the first time, I thoroughly cleaned and organized the boys room. I had both of Parks' DAFO's (leg brace's) laying out. They look almost identical. One was too small and the other was still in use, getting small but still worked. Well I accidently threw out the still good one and didn't realize it until after the garbage man had come on Wednesday! I tried shoving Parks' foot in the brace and all but died when I realized what I'd done. You'd think with the technology now-a-days they could make them a lot more comfortable, wearable and functional. I swear they are from the dark ages! Made from plastic and velcro but, you'd think they were plated in gold with the price tag. So next week we head to therapy to get fitted for a new one which will take months to receive.
Hudson had a cavity free visit to the dentist.
The day before Tierra's birthday I took her shopping at the mall to buy a new outfit. For her birthday dinner she wanted dutch oven chicken and funeral potatoes, The exact meal we ate at the Club house in Soda Springs. I also picked blackberries and made a cobbler.
We made it to the State Fair, an annual tradition. I'll blog about that some other time.
My favorite part of the week was sleeping in the tent trailor with two of my boys.
I've wanted to sleep on the trampoline with them, but the summer flew by without a chance and now it has become a little too chilly. Not to mention me being a little nervous about the mountain lion roaming around. So before dad takes down the trailor for the winter I thought we could have one more camp out. Hudson and Parks were thrilled. Of course Tierra had no interest, Larry was working overtime Saturday morning so needed to be in his "real" bed and Logan likes his dad more than his mom. Larry really wanted Logan to sleep out with us instead of in bed with him.
I took a flashlight and a book and we read in our sleeping bags. The best part was all the stories the boys wanted to tell me. I think kids need that wind down time without any interruptions to get all their thoughts out there. I learned a lot about them and school and funny things they think about. It was so much fun that we slept out again Saturday night. Dad, Logan and Tierra still slept in the house. I've always been a dreamer but I seemed to have twice as many dreams and some scary ones. Maybe I was a little nervous about being out there after all. My boys have slept out there by themselves a lot this summer, while Caden and Zane, their older cousins were excited to sleep in Hud and Parks' bunkbeds instead of joining them. I got the feeling that our offer to the Najdawi's to sleep in the trailor was like asking them to sleep in an old abandoned, homeless man's shack. ha ha
And last but not least, I thoroughly enjoyed my Sunday's lessons. Taught by Rachel, Penelope and the talk given by our new High Councilman Bro. Durant. All 3 of them lifted my spirits, taught me something new and made me want to be a better person. Also, Beata had some wonderful comments. This one day a week is really what I need to start refreshed and just want to keep trying. Now I can plug along and make it just 6 more days until Sunday again.
Sorry this one got a bit wordy. I'll try to keep it simple next week.
Monday, September 15, 2008
**Monday Memories**
haphazardly created by Angela on Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hey! Your not private anymore!
I didn't invent the flashback...I copied from someone else.
I LOVED this post...full of everything you've done. The blog is a great way to journal.
AND... I'm jealous that you had a "no cavity" dentist visit. We ALWAYS have cavities!
I just put my blog on private to try to prevent myself from blogging. I couldn't hold out very long. ha ha
Oh boy I was too embarrased to tell you how many Parks had.
He drinks "lattes" (hot chocolate) twice a day. Let's just say we had to go back on 3 different visits to fill them all.
Hi,
My name is Loretta and I work at Cascade Dafo. I am concerned about your son's experience with our braces and would love to help. Please contact me at LorettaS@dafo.com whenever it's convienient for you.
Post a Comment