Sunday, September 7, 2008

First day of School 2008







Parks has been dying to get on that bus to see what it looks like. He is a big Kindergartener now.


We met his teacher Mrs. Farr. I was soooo excited for Parks to have her. Both Tierra and Hudson had Mrs. Peters, and she was great, but I was hoping to try someone new. And who could be better than Pres. Farr's wife? I love him and the talks he gives. They were on Trek as a Ma and Pa also. They have 6 kids. So I know they love children. And they are the owners of Farr's Ice-cream. So for Family night we had to go have double decker ice-cream cones. I hope she gives out coupons for ice-cream during the school year. ha ha
Little trivia fact I learned on Trek. Bro. Farr is the one who invented Playdough Ice-cream. Yummy!

Parks had to wait a whole week for assessments to go back to school. The first day of school for the big kids, Parks came limping down the hall sleepy-eyed, with his hair poking all directions, and dressed for school just after Hudson woke up. I hated to tell him he had 6 hours until it was time to meet his teacher at 2pm. He also had a dentist appt. to go to that morning.

I love afternoon Kindergarten because I'm not a morning person and I figure they have to wake up for the next 12 yrs of school. Why not sleep in one more year. And luckily Logan still takes naps so I have my afternoons free.

Every day Parks asks "How long until school starts mom?" It's usually around 11:00am when he asks so he still has an hour and a half until the bus comes. Maybe morning K. would have been better for this child. :)

He loves riding the bus home in the very back seats with Hudson and Hud's buddy Wyatt.






Hudson's first day. He wanted to wear his Hawaiian shirt and shark tooth necklace gram and pop had given him just the night before. I didn't think a T-shirt was a great first-day-of-school look, but if that's what he wanted then let him. Luckily I did because it is "Hawaiian Year" in Mrs. Sheffields class this year. Her room is decorated with palm trees and ocean life. He came home wearing a lei. Mrs. Sheffield is awesome. She loves surfboarding and owns her own board. She's made Hudson so eager to learn....Not surfboarding, (although he wishes we had moved to Hawaii so he could surf ), but just learning in general. Hurray for Hawaii and Mrs. Sheffield. Hudson has many of his friends in his class also. I have a feeling this is going to be a magnificent school year.

Second day of school.

Parks skipping off the bus, yelling "I have a gingerbread man, oh yeah!"



Parks sharing his gingerbread man cookie with his brothers. Put another sticker on the share bear.

Tierra's first day of school starting out with taunting Nadia. She learned it from the best of them, (Najdawi's)...so she's giving her a taste of her own medicine.
Rise n shine Nadia it's 7:30am.


Tierra is now the "Top Dog" at Sunset Jr. High. She is taking Seminary which makes me happy, she'll get a little slice of heaven while she's at school.

1 comments:

leafhopper said...

ooohh Parks is so cute going to school for his first time. Another year for Caleb then it will quiet at my house.. how sad.