It finally came. We had plans to go Labor Day with the Augers but it rained us out.
Larry wanted to go Friday but Colton had football. So Saturday seemed good.
Well except that their cement guy was coming so we headed out without them.
Well except that their cement guy was coming so we headed out without them.
We all have camel backs except Logan, and dad had the backpack full of lunch. Logan really wanted something to carry. Larry was worried he'd end up having to carry both Gunner and Parks before the end. I had confidence in Parks and I was right. He was a trooper the whole way. It was rockier than I remember the closer we got to the fall.
Our first time hiking the waterfall together, Tierra was in diapers.
The last time we went, I remember changing Parks diaper on the bridge. So it's been about 4 years.
Tierra and Hudson left us behind and had been waiting at the waterfall for at least 10 min. before we reached the top.
Larry and I were stung by wasps and we found out at the top that Tierra had been too.
I'm allergic so my hand swelled up like a fat mans. No offense. But it was funny looking, because you couldn't see my knuckles for a few days. And the itch...oh my. I wish I had taken a picture of that.
It was a perfect, beautiful day. We only had a few visitors at the top with us and not for long. Tierra and I laid out and soaked up the sun. The boys climbed a rock and threw rocks.
The view is breath taking.
Logan needed "shoulder action" the last little bit and fell asleep before we got to the car.
Hudson has chosen this experience for his next theme paper.
We wish this was our backyard.
Hudson's a climber. Scares me sometimes.



1 comments:
I want to go... what about me! hehe those rocks look scary - maybe an illusion from the pictures.
Post a Comment