I love Lagoon! But I also have high anxiety at Lagoon. I don't know what my problem is. I'm always so concerned about wasting time while I'm there which takes away from the enjoyment, I know, but I can't help it.
Here are all the thoughts pulsing through my brain to cause me anxiety.
a. I want to be there when the gates open and before the rides are opened so we can be first in line for the more popular rides.
b. Eating wastes time while we are there. I love food and eating. I'm very hungry while I'm there...thirsty too but I don't want to go to the Pavillion more than once during the day. But when we go with extended family that's where we go to find each other when our cell phones die, and thus spend too much time there. There were 13 of us so we were always spread out into about 3 different groups. Too bad my brother and his 4 kids weren't there too!
Nothing like KFC at Lagoon. It's finger lickin' good!
We were kicked out of a "reserved" pavillion so we spread out here for the rest of the day. It turned out to be better here anyway. (4 of us are missing ??) waiting, wasting time, waiting.
c. The lines were never that long when I was a teen. I went on every ride 3 times each now I don't even have time to hit each ride once and I never make it to Pioneer Village. I didn't enjoy it as a child...huge waste of time, but I like it now.
d. I love Lagoona beach, but I can swim at other swim parks, but can't ride rides anywhere else close so we no longer hit Lagoona beach unless we go to bounce back. (We are going again this week, but are probably just riding because we won't have the little boys so we can run from ride to ride..fast)
e. Parks and Logan are afraid of most any motion so they don't enjoy rides and it costs an arm and a leg to get them in the park for the 4 rides that they do enjoy. Meanwhile, I'm wasting time in Kiddie Land when I could be riding. Larry says we are there for the kids...what? ha ha
They like the tugboats. Grandma, I'm trying to take a picture here. Parks likes this one, but Logan cried before he was even on it. Liked shooting the gun though.
Parks didn't really enjoy the Merry-go-round. He felt a little unstable.
But Grandma Bubs enjoyed it. Logan ran off it before the ride started and I had to chase him down.
I'm lucky my mom came. She babysat the little boys the whole day, taking them to Kiddie Land, feeding them, letting them rest and play on the blanket or in the water at the fountain. I wish I had my camra then. Hud and my nephews got soaked.
Parks and Logan's favorite ride! Along with the skycoaster.
We didn't even discover they liked the bumper cars until the end of the day. They were the last riders at 11pm while the rest of our family sat waiting for us near the gate. I was skeptical that Logan could drive his own car, but he was adamant about it and did very well. He could turn the wheel to get out of a jam better than those 6 year olds! Parks was good at staying away from jams so if Logan could get behind him, he'd follow Parks around trying to bump him and neither of them would ever get stuck.
Our teenagers went to Warp Tour in SLC all day Saturday. Hud had a baseball game and they lost. Hud was looking very sluggish after his Lagoon day. Which worries me because we will be going again the day before a big Tournament this week. Then that evening we went to a friends for an outdoor movie. I thought for sure my kids would fall asleep, or "pass out" as Parks calls it. We watched "The Never Ending Story". I loved that as a kid and it is so cheesy now. Sunday I had my brothers family and my dad over for a BBQ. We were outside until 10:30pm telling stories and laughing pretty loud, I hope none of my neighbors are annoyed. Logan has not had a nap for 3 days straight. The cousins are early risers and wake Hud, Skrap and Gunner about 7:30am and then we don't put them to bed until midnight. Caden, Zane, Hud and Parks enjoy sleeping in the tent trailor together. Just like I did with my cousins. Mariah and Tierra are too afraid after the ghost stories that Uncle Darren told tonight.
We are sunburned, dehydrated, and our muscles ache, but I can't rest too much because I'll be wasting time again while my sister is visiting.
Right now it is 12:30am and my sister keeps saying she's going to bed, she needs to get up early, but her and I and Tierra, Mariah, and Nadia just can't seem to stop chatting long enough to wash our faces, brush teeth and actually get our tired butts to bed. Because what fun would that be?



6 comments:
Hey Ang, since you apparently don't read comments to older posts, thought I would leave one to your most recent one!!!!
So did you ride the wicked??? AWESOME! or should I say wicked awesome! LOL I still like the spider....
I bet you are having SOOOOOOO much fun with your sis and her family. I can't believe how hard that would be to live that far away from each other.
Anyway, enjoy the family! We will try to get together after your sis leaves, I don't want to take anytime away from her. :)
Hi Angela! I love your blog! You do an awesome job. I miss all of you in South Weber. We wish we could be going on the Trek with you. Hope you have a great experience. Loved your bathroom remodel. I painted one of ours that same color just the other day. Girls camp and Lagoon looked like a blast. Looks like you're having a great summer. That's so fun you get to have your sister there for six weeks. See ya.
Sounds like fun. We need to have an adult day at Lagoon some time so we can ride all the rides without worrying about the kids. Have fun this weekend, we'll miss ya at the sleepover.
I think it's so great that you have so much fun with your family & that you enjoy spending all that time with them...you are a party animal...ain't no party like an angela party.
Yah! I'm soooo jealous you get the Najdawi clan - tell Cynthia she'd better call us soon!! Let's all get together, I want to meet you and your fam.
Nice to hear about the Najdawi Clan .
Well we are a Najdawi Anglo French family in England. We luv to hear more from you. Confirm in your site to communicate further.
All yhe best
From Adnan and family....
Post a Comment