Logan was born a day early (I think because of the full moon) at a whopping 9lbs 6oz. A quick 3 hour labor. The last of my litter.
Wesley and Logan just a few hours old. His cousin Wesley (Wendy's boy) was born the same day and weighed even more!
Logan is now 2 1/2 yrs. old, the baby of our family and his siblings spoil him.


"Chubba cheekers"
Logan has many nicknames. Gunner or Gunny, which I came up with, sticks the most. (Larry usually always beats me to the punch). The rest just come out. Usually any "B" nicknames fit toddlers maybe it's because it's so close to baby. We've called all our kids "Booboo, Bubba, Buggy, Buddy, Buds and even Boobs". Larry calls Logan Biggie, and call him Gigabyte. Parks calls him Logie Boy and Hud calls him "Lil' Bro". Logan loves music, singing and dancing, which he is pretty good at. He watches "So you think you can dance" with me and throws in some cartwheels and hip hop moves that they do on TV till he is sweating. Hud made up a song he sings to Logan and now Logan requests it and sings it with Hud while they cuddle. It starts like this..
"Just two little buddies, Hudson and Gunny..." Logan will tell you "I like that song" at the end if he approves of it. Even in sacrament meeting he tells us.

Like all my boys, he got his chance with Tierra dressing him up as a girl and having a photo shoot.
Logan, our cuddle bug.


Hudson likes him to play with his hair too.


Logan loves going to Hud's baseball games.
He sits like this with his brothers when reading books and watching TV etc. He just wishes his arms were a little longer.
These brothers are like the Three Muskateers. I try to catch on film every time Logan is cuddling with his brothers so I can remember those cute moments. He loves to wrap his arms around your neck. And at night he has to play with my hair to fall asleep. I enjoy it. Yes he sleeps in our bed. I don't mind it a bit because he is my last and I know how fast they grow up. Except that he is a horrible sleeper. He tosses and turns and talks in his sleep. Then he wakes up crying for something in his dream and it takes awhile to get him settled back down. He is also a light sleeper. The last to go to sleep and the first to wake up. He is very sweaty when he sleeps, I don't like that. Here is Logan sleeping while hanging off our bed.


Logan wanted Hud to come lay with him until he fell asleep.
He thinks he is the same size as the big boys and does everything they do. He feels really bad when the boys get to go with their friends because he wants to go too. He also loves Hudson's friends like Parks does and thinks he is just one of them.
He pretty much gets his way because he's always crying for what his brothers have and they just give in and let him have it. He is also in the hitting stage right now and hates it when they run away from him without letting him hit them.
Logan loves chocolate and any candy really! Junk mouth.
Many people have asked me "Can he say words yet?" ha ha He's been talking since he was 1. He yaks all day. He says everything and anything, in complete sentences. I guess just not away from home. When the boys start telling me a story he is 3 words behind them telling me THEIR story like it is his. A Copycat for sure. If I interrupt his question to me because I know what he wants, he gets so mad and tells me he is talking to me. I have to let him finish and then he repeats it again. He always wants to say prayers and cries when someone else starts saying them.
His brothers are always encouraging Logan to wrestle. Even Larry says he wants him to grow up to be an Ultimate Champion Wrestler. The kind that kick, box and wrestle. What kind of dream is that for your child? Parks and Logan both are fascinated with Jets and want to fly in one. Not just an airplane. Maybe one of them will be a pilot one day.
I wish I could figure out how to put video on here because I have some funny footage of them wrestling. He usually woops them. He already loves sports and is pretty good at them. He hits the baseball off the tee in the backyard almost over the fence and can make baskets in his little hoop. He will get all energized and do the same thing over and over, like somersaults or jumping off the couch until he is all red in the face and sweaty.

He loves Jazz games and watches them just as good as the older boys if not better!

Last season.

This year's playoffs.
If I had to write this a month ago, I could have been telling all the cute things he does. But he's hit the terrible two's stage and I can't remember the cute stuff. He is very stubborn and a little OCD. He has to have things done a certain way at a certain time that is dictated by him and sometimes even when you do it his way, on his clock, it's all wrong and can't be fixed even after a 15 min. crying episode. His curly hair may be cute but it's a pain. He yells at me everyday to "Comb it soft!" I am! I'm gonna yank it out if you don't stand still and quit screaming. oops did I just say that out loud? At least his cry doesn't drive me up the wall like Parks'. One thing I didn't mention about Parks is his laugh is contagious, I mean really makes me laugh with him, but his cry drives me crazy. It's hard to have sympathy for him when I hear it. Sad I know. I don't know why because none of my other childrens cries affect me that way. Like Parks, Logan has to have a "latte" every morning first thing and he wants it put "right here" at a certain spot on the counter. Ridiculous. Oh and don't flush the toilet. He wants to and you'll never hear the end of it if he doesn't get to. Nope, it's not his duty in there. He screams at you if you even ask him if he wants to go potty. He is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. He can go from smiling and laughing to the evil eye and screaming to smiling again within 8 seconds flat.

This is just his pretend evil eye.
He is very gentle and was so good with our puppies.
He loves reading books and he loves his dad. So right here he couldn't be happier.
His eyes are the window to his soul. They really have a twinkle to them when he is happy and a flat dull appearance when upset. His long eyelashes are always falling out and getting stuck in his eye and he doesn't mind a bit that you poke around in there to get it out. He actually enjoys it. He sticks his fingers in his eye all the time and rubs it around. He tells me his eye hurts. I say it's because your finger is in there dude. He also always has "owies" and says "it hurts right here. He comes to me at least 5 times a day to kiss them. They are always on his finger, knee or elbow. They really don't exist, but I love this stage when kisses make everything better.
Oh I wish I could keep you this size forever Gunner!
Logan tags Jacob Hyde.
4 comments:
Oh I love his little chub. You have the cutest kids. You really should write about this next year. I did some of that with Madison and now she seems like an angel these days. haha
Birdie,
That made me cry! What a cute Gunner!
Enjoy him! You're right they grow up way too fast!
Love ya!
Cute little loveable Logan!
XO Gram
Oh he is so very cute!
Post a Comment