Our little Skrapper was born 9 days late weighing 8lbs 12oz. He was a very handsome baby.

Kim Libby took this pic when Parks was 3 weeks old.
We discovered something was wrong at 6 months old when he c0uldn't patty cake. He was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy on his left side at 9 months old (he had a stroke inutero (sp?) during my first trimester (don't know what caused it) which left a scar on his brain and he has been in Occupational and Physical therapy every since. (Nothing to do with brain damage, it is all muscle related.) We had home therapy also until he turned 3. At his regular 2 yr. check-up, Dr. Rose heard an abnormal heartbeat. After having tests run, he was diagnosed with PVC's which meant his heart was beating too many times, something more serious than a heart murmer. But the Dr. said most kids outgrow it by the time they are 10. He had to wear a Holter monitor for 24 hours, which recorded the number of heart beats during that period. His heart beat 18,000 more times in 24 hours than a normal childs. At the second reading six months it dropped to 10,000 and later they found the heart irregularity had disappeared entirely by the age of 3. A miracle.
.JPG)
His therapists always told me he would walk, but I still had that fear in the back of my mind that he wouldn't. He finally did at 22 months and now nothing slows him down. He always asks me to watch him run "speedy fast."

Parks first steps
He has been swinging a bat since he was 2, loves playing soccer and T-ball every season, and is always up for shooting hoops or a game of football with his brothers and dad. He can't wait to play Jr. Jazz now that he is 5. He loves going to Jazz games and Bee's games. I don't think my boys have any choice but to love sports with a dad like Larry. Lots of people ask where we got the name Skrapper from. (Larry's good at nicknames for everything ) There are several meanings behind it. There was a baseball player with the nickname of Skrap-Iron and since Parks couldn't use his left arm Larry called it a piece of skrap-iron. And Parks spelled backward is Skrap. It eventually turned into Skrapper. I don't know if Hudson and Logan have ever called him Parks.
Parks was a happy baby and still is! His smile lights up the room and makes me all warm and fuzzy. He also has gigantic eyes! Tierra and I can't help but laugh at him while he is sleeping, his eyes seem even bigger then and stretch all the way across his head.

First day of Primary. He has never been one to be afraid of going to nursery, Primary, preschool or anywhere else for the first time.
He absolutely LOVES to go to Sams Club with his dad, especially to get a churro, and at Christmas to play Rock Band. (He's holding a churro in his hand, but you can't see the cinnamon all over his face very well.)

His favorite color is silver, favorite food chicken nuggets, favorite drink, hot chocolate or "latte" as they are called at our house and he lives on those, at least 2 a day even in the summer. His favorite place is Goblin Valley. Sweet Escape now playing is his favorite song and he wants to be Spiderman when he grows up.

I think he looks a lot like me. Actually now that I'm looking at this pic it looks like Logan!
He likes the rodeo and has won a ribbon 2 years in a row for barrel racing.
Skrapper just graduated from preschool. Very, very excited for Kindergarten.
Clayton, Spencer, Dallin, Ridge, Parker, Paityn, Chloe (already in K), Molly and Parks.
Parks loves to have stories read to him. The other day during a story he told me he wished he could read. Soon enough buddy. Since he turned 5 he doesn't need his night light on anymore...(he told me to tell you that, but he still does sometimes.) He likes me to lay with him in his bed and tell him stories of when I was little or sing songs. He always gives me Eskimo and butterfly kisses. I love his little turned up nose more than anything! He can't stand to have his back tickled, it is too sensitive and he hates after I cut his fingernails because they "feel funny". This may be too personal, but he has stinky hair. Like people have stinky breath even after brushing. His hair stinks even after washing it, no matter what shampoo I try. It's probably because he has so much and it's thick, that it's all sweaty, but right after the bath? It smells like wet dog.

He is all boy and likes to play fight the bad guys.
Parks best friends are Hudsons friends. They all love him and like him to visit the classroom at school or play with them on the playground. He'd much rather have them come here so he can play too then have Hud go to their house. Everyone is drawn to Parks. The girls working at the Rec center pick him and pamper him, Hudsons friends older sisters carry him around and love playing with him, and his older boy cousins always carry him and play with him and take care of him. He's always being packed around, even by Hudsons friends who aren't much bigger than he is. He's fun to talk to and cracks me up with the funny things he says. He is tenderhearted and such a sweet boy, who always needs hugs and likes sitting on our laps. He loves his dad and likes to help him work with his tools. Parks is a great brother. He really looks up to Hudson and tries to impress him. I'm so glad I have my Skrapper!
Parks tags: well he will only tell me Scott, Hud's friend but they don't blog so I named some kids to give him ideas but he doesn't want anybody but Hud's friends (he did mention Will but he's already been tagged)...so he finally said "Logie boy." I don't like the idea of him being the one to tag his own brother, but he won't give me anymore names so I'll let him help me do Logan and I tag Caleb, Chloe, Clayton (have fun Kim) and Shaelynn Jones. Yep you Shae :D
7 comments:
Ang,
I love little scrapper too! Clayton asks me every day if he can play with Parks. He has such a cute smile and gentle disposition about him! He's definitely a keeper!
Hey Parks, those eyes will be weapons with the girls someday. Wow! Too cute!
Oh Parks is so cute! I love those photos! He does look like you..after seeing your cute photo..I think Hudson looks like you too!
Parks is so sweet. He always has been! I think the picture of you looks just like a blonde Tierra at that age!
Hip hip hooray for hot chocolate. I too drink it year round. I can't believe the stinky hair story, I've never heard of such a thing.
Angela....Sorry I haven't returned your call. I have been gone the past week and just got back. I will email you the pictures I have from preschool although they didn't turn out that great.
I got your email address and will add your name too.
I love Parks too. He is such a sweet kid. Molly really liked him and Clayton alot!
I love that little Parksy boy! Yes, you were a little blonde Tierra!
XO Gram
Post a Comment