Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Time is on my side!

I find myself with so much time this week and I think I'm going to clean and work and scrub and, and....then I think I should just relax and enjoy myself and Logan.
(I told myself I was only going to blog once a week, but lately I've had something to blog about everyday, I'm pacing myself.)
When the weather is cold I do feel like spring cleaning, but if it is warm out I want to go for a walk or work in the yard. Lately I get an equal dose of both.
Tierra and Mariah are attending EFY this week from 9am to 9pm. Shae picks them up and brings them home. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Shae. This is Tierra's second year. I'm so excited for her and the fun and learning that she's experiencing. I wish I had this opportunity when I was her age.

Hudson and Parks are registered in Summer Fun at the Rec Center from 9 to noon for the next 6 weeks. I carpool with Tamie which is so nice because it's hard getting 4 kids off and going that early in the summer. So it's just little ol' me and Gunner Boy. I guess this is good practice for how it will be when school starts since Parks will be in Kindergarten. By the way I figured out how much it costs for my kids and it is .34 cents an hour for each of my boys. Where can you get outstanding babysitting full of crafts, activities, sports, movies, reading, and friendship for dirt cheap like that? I shouldn't be telling you this because last year there were only 100 kids registered and this yr. 280. They finally had to start turning kids away. It was the best kept secret until this year I guess. But I heard some moms complaining about the cost and I couldn't understand it! Personally, I think I'm ripping them off!


I really wish Tierra could have worked at the Rec Center as a leader because her friends are earning good spending money there. But unlike usual, Tierra will hardly be around over the next 6 weeks. She is proud to say she is a "busy girl". She will be home for a total of 5 weekdays until Summer Fun ends. Wow. I hope this is the best summer of her life! Then things will die down after Trek, but her cousins will still be here for another month, so I'm sure they'll keep us busy.


Hudson and Parks are again participating in the Sparetime Summer Bowling League with their friends, which is once a week for a couple of hours. This too is an inexpensive, worthwhile activity that keeps giving back until next summer! I love things that are practically free!


In between all this we are registered at the Roy Library for their summer reading program that has activities and prizes weekly. And we have to fit in the Treehouse since our membership expires at the end of June. Don't forget if you are out running errands around lunch time there are many schools and parks that offer free school lunch. We always pop in a few times a week.


So yesterday began warm and Logan, grandma and I went for a walk and read library books. Today I cleaned and still have time to blog and play the fun games with Logan that we checked out from the library, lace letters, puzzles, and books on CD before I had to run and grab the big boys. Hud loves the math dice from the library too. He's even learned how to raise numbers to powers. I am so thankful to live in this peaceful community that offers so much for my little family and that we are in a position to take advantage of it. Count your blessings. Life is good.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Gosh, I've been so worried about my big kids and all they are doing I have forgotten about Madie and Brooke. I need to get with you and have some fun! Way cute pictures...

P.s. That girl last night at y.w. really freaked me out......

Ellie McFreaken said...

Ang,
I too feel like I am ripping off the rec center! Ellie didn't even go today! I figure they will go when they want and if we don't have other things planned. It is such a great program this year but SOOOOOO many kids. I know people from the South side driving down here to do it too.
I haven't sent you those pictures from preschool because
1) I forgot AND
2)when I remembered, I checked them out....they didn't turn out so good!
3) Jake erased all the messages from the machine so I don't have an email address.
Honestly the pictures are pretty bad...I tried taking them in Manual mode and got a little cocky and BAM ...they turned out real bad!
I will add you to my blog list. My email is on my profile so email yours and I will add it!
On your side bar now make sure you REPRESENT!

Jeni said...

Oh, the more I read, the more I discover how boring I am! :) How do you do it ALL!?!?! I've got to step it up.
I'm so glad the girls did EFY. They are so dang cute!