Monday, June 16, 2008

Mission Accomplished

Before


Finally after 8 years of living here I have a nice bathroom. I've redone it once and was dumb enough to put up wallpaper. But getting rid of the linoleum was key.

I forgot to take a before picture until I had already painted the once bright yellow window frame, taken down the brown shelf over the toilet and started peeling off the wallpaper. You can't see my bright fish shower curtain either.
Thanks to Lane I have nice tile for the price of dinner and a couple massage, and we get to join them! Who can beat that? I shouldn't advertise that, maybe Lane will have to quit his job to lay tile. But he'd never go hungry or have sore muscles.

I plastered my first walls with Kim's intructions and I really enjoyed it and think it turned out nice. I have sicko-phobia about tubs and showers so I scrubbed my tile with Limeaway and a bristle brush the size of a toothbrush. I got a good forearm workout. I sure do enjoy showering now. I still have a little touch up paint job to do, the part I really hate. I also hope to get black and white prints made of the kids in the tub as babies to hang up...even of T when she was little.

Sometime this summer Lane will be tackling our other bathroom also. Then more scrubbing and painting! The work never ends.
sorry this won't post as it looks when I'm editing it! I give up.

4 comments:

Nadia Woodhouse said...

yeah! it looks so good! but i already miss that fish wallpaper :( thank you for consulting with me

Diane B said...

Awesome!
XO MoM

Jeni said...

Wow! Great Job!

Kim said...

Wow, you are so lucky to have such great, awesome friends! And that Lane, what a guy!