Monday, June 23, 2008

I Will Remember...









Trek is coming fast. 15 days to be exact. I don't feel spiritually or physically prepared at all. The theme for this Trek is "I will remember". I have never been so interested in the Pioneer history as I am now. I have read and read and read about the Pioneers. We learned last training session that we will have a lot of "family time" with our kids and we need to have devotionals prepared and spiritual questions and ideas to discuss with them. Larry isn't much of a talker so I guess it is mostly up to me. I usually don't have a problem with talking, but I really want to bond with my "family" and I want them to come home wanting to be a better person because of these experiences that I'm suppose to provide.
Larry and I attended the 4th and final Trek training session two Saturday's ago. I love them and have learned a lot. I am so excited and blessed to be apart of this.
There was a stake dance for the 14 and up youth where we learned some dances we'll be doing in the evening on Trek. They were so much fun. I wish we still danced like that. If I could figure out how to get video on this thing you'd see them actually swinging to the Virginia Reel (music playing now). Instead you'll have to look at still shots of Tierra swinging around in her pioneer skirt with (I don't mind saying) a very handsome pioneer lad.
We also had a YW activity where we made cushioned seats for our buckets which will hold all our personal supplies including our eating utensils etc. (I also don't have those pictures from that night...maybe soon). We think we have it hard, but read any pioneer story and we need to quit our belly aching.
We should be walking at least 4 miles a day so I need to get off my rump and walk. Cheerio!

0 comments: