Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday Memories 11/03/08

A lot happened this week so this is going to be a long post.

If you remember, I had a "Wacky Wednesday" awhile back when one day was horribly busy. Well this week it was a Terrible Tuesday. I had a lot on my plate so I woke up early and showered right away. When I got out of the shower it sounded like my water softner was on, it makes a loud noise (usually in the middle of the night) but this was even louder. I thought nothing of it and went and got dressed. I finally decided to take a look in the closet and my water heater was shooting water up to the ceiling and a fine mist was even coming out at me so I couldn't get a good look what was going on. Our carpet was soaked. The back wall looked like a waterfall coming down. I called Nolan for help. Meanwhile I turned off two faucets that I thought shut down the water...nothing. I called Larry at work. He told me I'd have to get the water turned off from outside. I called Cheryl B. (I think the Holy Ghost told me to). I don't know why else she would come to mind, except I'd seen her husband outside with the construction workers before. So she sent Kent down with the "key" to shut off our water. The problem was we couldn't find the meter. I called Larry but he didn't answer. I thought I knew where it was out front but we wandered around for what seemed like 10 min looking for it. Finally, Nolan got a shovel and started digging under a pile of dirt the workers had left on my lawn and there it was. Which I forgot to mention that I'd ran outside with sopping wet hair and barefoot asking the const. workers if they could turn it off. Two of them didn't speak English and the one guy that did said he could shut it off, but just kept working, even after I told him, "Immediately! I have a flood in my house." I felt so frustrated I wanted to throw a rock at his head. So the truth comes out about me. ha ha
So we got it stopped and luckily Hudson hadn't miss the bus because it was way late. But I now had no time to get Logan to his Dr. appt. at 9:15. Larry came home and started calling around for water heater replacements. But we would be without water for the rest of the day.
I wasn't going to miss the Black Island Farms fieldtrip, I needed to get away. Sweet Tiffany had invited us with her preschool group and even waited for us so we didn't miss out on the wagon ride, cause I was still running behind. Here are her and Holly having more fun than their kids on the farm train ride. :)
I wish you could see their faces better, Logan's grin is HUGE. The slides were their favorite thing. Luckily I went because Michele was there and heard my story and said to call Chris and he could get us a water heater for cheap. So I called Larry who'd already ordered one and I had him cancel it. After feeling that we are definately NOT blessed...since we just spent $500 fixing our car which still doesn't run smooth, Tierra needs her wisdom teeth out over Christmas break, Parks DAFO cost over $300 after insurance and he also needs Botox and serial casting over Christmas, and we have several leaks in our roof...I did however feel blessed to have an awesome ward family. Chris was coming that night at 7 to install it. We finally had water at 10pm. They saved us a lot of money and we owe them big time. As we left for the fieldtrip, the construction workers were tearing down our tree. I wish we could have stayed for the boys to watch. Pop came down that afternoon to cut it up and of course Logan wanted to help.

As I'm cutting it up with Pop here comes my scouts. Crap! It's already 4:00 and I totally forgot we had Den meeting today. So I put them to work on the tree. I told them we were learning about hard work and service. They actually loved it, I just didn't have enough cutters for all of them so they didn't like sharing. Parks was probably the hardest worker. It was a hot day too! Then I sent them to Amy's to fill up some jugs with water for my family for the rest of the evening!
Yahoo! Parks started Jr. Jazz Tuesday also. He has been looking forward to this for 2 years. On the way to the game he kept telling me "I am sooo ready for this".
Here he is playing defense. That was the main thing on his mind. We had to teach him that he didn't have to guard his opponent when his team had possession of the ball.
Here's Skrapper bookin' it down court. They don't keep score at this age but of course he wanted to know every time out who was winning and how many baskets they had. Hud and Larry kept track of that for him.

Wednesday night we attended opening night of the Jazz Season 2008-2009!

"Life Off, Game On"
is there slogan this year. They have an awesome new sound system and they now turn off the lights to announce the players and they handed out glow sticks, had fireworks, streamers, cannons. It was a blast and they won without D. Will. I didn't take my camra to the game so I'm using a 2007's playoff pic.

Thursday I stopped by Kim's and when I went to leave, my car was gone from their driveway. I felt sick, my chest hurt and I was telling Lane, "it was right here". He admitted to moving and hiding it while I was in the house. He got me good. He said he had to tell me quick because he thought I was going to cry. I felt more like puking.

Then I have to thank Tamie C. for these pumpkins. Another great ward friend that gives more than she gets. She also gave me a copy of her own 181 pg recipe book. I'm excite because she is a good cook. It is a tradition since I was little to paint our pumpkins for Halloween. My mom and I would always go way out and add some kind of fake hair and a witches hat or something.
Yes, I know I have a daughter and we don't try to leave her out, she is always busy so she had to paint hers on her own AND she doesn't like pictures taken of her anyway. She painted the little green monster from Monsters Inc. I think you could figure the rest out. (Larry wasn't home to paint one either).We finally had time to carve our big pumpkin Halloween day!
Our finished product was a puking jack-o-lantern. Larry is creative.
This time of year always reminds me of when Hudson was 1 and said "mutnut" for pumpkin.
Halloween! Tierra went to her friends at 2pm so I didn't get to see her dressed up. They were going to be Biker chicks but they didn't think it looked good so they used various dance costumes and hers ended up looking like a Flaminco dancer (?) is that how you say it? I thought she was too old but I heard of older kids going that night. They hit a wards trunk or treating and then a dad took them to big houses in South Ogden and then she ended up at her dad's for his Halloween Party.

Frankenstein (I ran out of black hair color)

The Grim Reeper
Logan the mummy. We got this home made donut at a house and after that he was done trick or treating. Here he is at the end of a driveway staring at a 10 foot scary dummy hanging up. He didn't want to go near it. One house they call the "haunted house" and it has a guy with a chainsaw and people swinging down from the trees. Logan and Parks wanted nothing to do with it. Logan cracked us up. At the beginning of trick-or-treating he was running as fast as he could to keep up with the big kids and would jump off the steps yelling "yahoooo" and then say to us as he ran to the next door, "I get candy at every house". But his little legs didn't last long and Larry was giving him "shoulder action". We had our second annual Halloween party at Heidi W's.
I ended up going trick or treating with a bunch of dad's while the other moms stayed home handing out candy. It sprinkled on us a little, we came back to Heidi's to have hotdogs we roasted on the fire.


Hanging out on the front porch to stay out of the rain.

Then to top off the week, I took Kim to Sego Lily's spa for an hour facial treatment for her birthday. They massaged my head, neck, shoulders and arms in between massaging different lotions on my face. It felt sooo good. I wish we'd taken pictures when we were done. Our hair was standing up on end and we were wrapped in big fluffy purple robes. A luxury we just can't afford! I had a gift certificate from 3 years ago that I needed to use. The prices had gone up since then!

7 comments:

Jenny Lee said...

Wow! What a week. You sure had a busy one. It looked like lots of fun though. It sounded so fun to go to the spa with Kim. Wish I could have been there. Your pumpkins were darn cute and the kids costumes were scary. That's neat Parks is playing ball. Chris M. is awesome. He helped us out several times too. It's so nice to have such good people around us. Your trip to the pumpkin patch looked so fun. The one here is so lame, except they had awesome gourds for cheap. Well, I hope this week will slow down for you. I'm glad that you found out how to change your backgrounds and stuff, sorry I didn't every help you.

Jodi said...

Angela!!! Wow, what a week you have had!!! I can't believe your water heater problem!!! Things like that always happen at the least convenient moments!! I have to say how sad I was to see your big tree cut down, I stopped in front of your house with my kids and had a "moment of silence"!!! At least the road workers are making some kind of progress!! Your kids pumpkins and halloween costumes were great!! And your background is absolutely so cute, great taste as well!!!! (:

Diana said...

Thanks goodness for father-in-laws - yeah Nolan, for coming to your rescue. I love living only a mile away from my inlaws they take such good care of me. I loved your little Frankenstein, if I'd of only known I would of had him make a guess appearance at Monson's Monster Mash.

Angela said...

Yes I want to add that I love my in-laws living so close. Nolan always takes great care of us. That's why I called him first. He is a hard worker. He also provides us with the Jazz tickets. Yeah and Thank you. We appreciate both him and Diane soooo much!

Jeni said...

Okay, I just left a really long comment and the blogger timed out or something and I lost it all! erg.
I am so sorry about your water heater issues.
Your Halloween costumes are AWESOME!
You are wonder woman.

leafhopper said...

Such a busy girl! We had a water leak once in our basement and now Caleb prays at night that we won't have any pipes break and no floods in our house lol! You are blessed!

Stacy said...

Did u get your cereal from Tiff, yet. She was up here today so I sent down a few bags for you. I hope you like those flavors.
Oh, I left a comment the other day and it didn't seem to accept it.
I just felt bad for your crazy mess and hope all is well now and wanted you to know that I would make sure to hook you up with the cereal thing!
hope this week has gone much better!