Today Parks had an Indian Pow Wow party in his Kindergarten class. We had 4 centers. This one he painted a clay pot they had made last week and then they got to look at books in this Tee-pee. They also made a sand drawing, and a "buck-skin" map with hieroglyphics. I was over the Indian Fry bread center. The kids flattened out their own piece of dough. I deep fried them and they ate them with honey butter and cranberry juice.
Logan loves to come to Skrappers class. Mrs. Farr is so nice and lets him play with all her toys. Logan had a few other class siblings to play with today, but he'd rather hang out with Parks most of the time.
They have been very busy making these Indian faces, "buck-skin" vests, drums, shakers, necklaces and headbands during the past week.
They chose their own Indian name. Parks made up "Wild Turkey". A few of the fun names I saw in class were...Spaz, Soaring Eagle, Jumping Turtle, and Dancing Lily. Notice they even have a place on their vest to carry their Papoose's. Parks didn't have time to finish his.
Tomorrow is another fun day, they are having a "Pilgrim party" with all the Thanksgiving fixings. Then they will be out for 5 days for the holiday!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Indian Pow Wow
haphazardly created by Angela on Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
super cute - I love your countdown to Thanksgiving and the super 8 black ball, Kent has one on his desk at work and he consults it all the time. Good to know I am in good company when it comes to opening resealable bags from the wrong end. I do it all the time.
Wild Turkey is the cutest-coolest name ever! He is definitely your son to be so creative.
I really want some of that bread!
Post a Comment