This week was SEP conferences and I'm sure everyone hates early out as much as I do.
I'm not posting this to brag, I just want to remember the funny things my kids say. After all, it is only elementary school, and it's not real hard to get all "4's". Don't let Hudson hear me saying that. And don't get me wrong, I am very proud of him, but he's been patting himself on the back pretty loud and hard.
Hudson's report card was setting out on the counter for a few days and once I caught him looking at it "again" and he said, "I just love looking at all these fours". Oh brother. He's always done well in school, but this year he really has been conscious about it. I'm glad he cares about succeeding in school, but he has never been so demanding on rewards. I guess it's the age. His usual reward for anything well done is a Chocolate Molten Lava Cake from Chili's. Well that wasn't good enough this time, he wanted a new PS2 game. So Larry got him one. Street football. I'm sure so he could play it himself.
Hudsons cousin Madison sat by him on the bus ride home when he got his report card. After he told her he got all 4's she remarked "that's because you are older". He replied "it gets harder every year ya know". ha ha I laughed pretty hard and forgot to tell Tiffany about it.
Parks' teacher said he has the best handwriting in his class and he is very meticulous in his work. He takes after Tierra in that department of coloring and crafts. Parks told me once that he takes a long time to do his work because everyone else just scribbles. ha ha I've volunteered and seen their beautiful art work, so if he is finishing last, I think it's because he gets easily distracted watching them.
I do enjoy going to talk to the teachers, and volunteering at the bookfair during conference week.
Tierra also did well for her first term in 9th grade. This year counts for HS credit so it is a relief that she is understanding and enjoying school. She's always struggled with math in Jr. high, but she got the best grade in math this term. She's working extra hard to get on the High Honor roll this term earn a cell phone for Christmas! I guess it is not uncommon for kids to fail classes because I got an automated call from the school asking any 9th graders who need English, Math, Science or Geography credit to call for make-up classes. Oh dear. I think school is harder now for our kids than it was when I was in school. That or the way they teach them are more confusing. They are always changing terms. We now have classes in the elementary school to teach us parents the terms they use to help our children. Like "borrowing" is now "regrouping." The hardest thing is going to be no longer calling a diamond shape a diamond. Parks has already learned it as a rhombus. ???? What the heck? Let's start calling our dog's canine's (which is still not the full scientific name) or people, homosapiens. Sorry I'm starting to ramble now.
I like good grades because we get all the coupons for free kids meals to many different restraunts. We took the family out to eat at Red Robin Friday night and Tierra pointed out that she was a "big girl" now and didn't want anything off the kids menu. Hudson got 2 free refills on his Mac-n-cheese and fries! He kept wanting to order a corn dog, but the waitress was so nice and kept offering another refill. Larry and I were embarrased. He is such a bottomless pit. When we got home at 9pm, Hudson was still hungry and needed a bowl of cereal to go to bed on! Where does he put it all?
Logan also had some funny sayings this week. While I was volunteering in Parks' class, Logan was drawing and said "look mom, this is fancy pants" pointing to an object he had drawn. Where do they come up with this stuff?
I get frustrated with Logan because he is old enough to undress himself, but he cries and says he can't and wants me to and tugs on his sleeve like he is really trying. So while I was helping him I mumbled to myself "why can't you get dressed like other 3 year olds?" and Logan said "because I have 2 arms". ha ha I guess I haven't noticed all his "one armed" friends.
Logan had his 3 yr. old well check-up and all my kids got their flu shots. Logan got 2 shots in his leg and didn't cry. The rest got one shot in their arm. Hud didn't even flinch. Tierra's arm ached all day and she couldn't raise her arm, Parks cried like a newborn for about an hour after. I had to give him medi to make him feel better about it.
After Logan was measured and weighed by the nurse, we were in the room waiting for the Dr. and I was silently reading the "101 praises" for you children poster on the wall. One said "you belong" I thought that sounded funny and said it outloud, "you belong". Logan said "that's because I'm gonna be this tall" reaching his hand up as high as he could.
Logan keeps bringing up that he'll be able to ride the bus with Skrapper when he turns 5. He is very much obsessed with Dawson lately. He asks at least every 2 hours if he is going to Dawson's house or if Dawson is coming over. He throws a fit when it is time to come home from there, while Dawson goes home like a nice boy. I just think they are sooo cute! I've never had any of my kids have such a close friend at 3 yrs. old. When they see each other, they get the biggest grin on their faces.
Here they are being crazy and eating their lunch on the table.

Playing on D-bone's new swing set.
I've always wanted to start the tradition of having a Halloween theme dinner with a Halloween menu of gruesome foods to eat. I always run out of time. But this year, after Halloween was over and things died down a little, I still really wanted to do it. So last week for FHE I quickly made up a menu and decorated for the dinner. I had Tierra mark the boxes for what they each wanted to order. They didn't know what they were getting.
Parks ordered everything because he liked the names of them. Tierra on the other hand didn't order a "Snake's Tongue" for example which was a fork to eat her "Zombie Veins" (spaghetti) with. Or any "Cat's Blood" for spaghetti sauce. I was merciful and let her add to her order after I brought everything else out.
I was the witchy waitress with long black hair and tatoo arms.

Hudson and Parks loved it so much they made up gruesome names for their candy they got trick-or-treating and we all had to order some. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a great time. I will definately plan ahead next year and do it during October.
9 comments:
Wow! Angela, you are such a great mom. I love that you did that Halloween dinner with your kids. I use to do that for our family Halloween party before everyone had too many kids. It was so fun. I'm glad that your kids are doing so good in school. I wish I could say the same for mine, but they're O.K.
Angela, I have loads of fun foods for you to have on your Halloween menu next year. You are such a cool mom! Those kids are so lucky!
Angela!! Your Halloween dinner is so cute!! What a fun idea!! That is sooo cute Hudson was so proud of his good grades!!! Rylee doesn't get an option for the kids menus anymore, the hostess always gives her an adult menu now!!(They look at us like were crazy if she asks for a kid menu) I think that it is so cute you post the funny things your kids say, because its amazing how soon we forget those cute little things!! What a cute post!!!
PS I'm glad this week isn't early out everyday!!!!!
Oh Ang brag away I love to hear about your kids, and the fun things you do with them. Madie did tell me that Hud got all four's. She said mom Hud is so so so smart when I get as Big as he is will I get all fours? I (lol) and asked what she got. She didn't know so we looked and she also got all fours. (lol) She still didn't seem to be as happy for herself as she was for Hud. I hope she is as smart as him when she gets his age...(next year) Good Job Hudson!
That is soo funny that Madi wasn't as excited about her 4's. Probably because she thinks 3rd grade is so much harder. ha ha Hud didn't think Parks' 4's was as good as his either cause it's just "easy Kindergarten." ??? Funny how kids think. I hate that they do numbers. I like the letter grades for some reason.
Jodi, it bugs me about kids menu's. I think an adult can eat off of it if they want. You get what you pay for right?
Angela, I have a gigantic bag of those frosted mini wheats to bring you so I will copy those recipes and drop them by the next time I am down.
I am excited that my kids are getting a little older to do fun things like that. I loved doing the menu thing as a kid. GO Momma!
Oh you are way too much fun! You are such an awesome mom with great funny and long kids!
Post a Comment