Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving Day at the Rec Center

This year was Thanksgiving Dinner with my side of the family. We weren't overly crowded that we needed to rent the Rec Center, but we had enough people that we wouldn't fit comfortably at my house or my brother Darren's.

It was perfect because the kids younger kids could run wild, the older kids could play sports in the gym and we all worked off our big full guts. Here's Parks and Tierra getting a munchy before the dinner's ready.

Larry carving the turkey and my sister-in-law Joy and my mom keeping the food warm.

I'm mad that I forgot to take pictures of everyone actually eating dinner. Here is Hudson, Logan and cousins Micaela and Hunter enjoying Pumpkin and Banana Cream pie.
Then the kids played some basketball.
We played dodgeball, me and my kids favorite! We played last year at the church and had so much fun that we were excited to do it again. The next day I was so sore! That tells you I need to get off the computer and lift some weights! Here is THEIR team. At first it was Darren's family against mine. Which they have older teenage boys. But my little boys skunked them over and over! And his kids weren't taking it easy on mine either. They learned to get Hud out first because he would catch all their throws to keep our players in and get them out at the same time. Hud and Skrap are use to playing dodgeball after school here against older kids. When my older brother came with his two kids to play then we switched it up a bit. MY team.
Our side bench sitting out. Their side bench sitting out! ha ha
Then we also played lightening. The guys between 6'1 and 6'7 were always the last 3 in the game for some reason! Tierra working the stereo while my niece Allie tried to do Arial's. (sp?) Cartwheels with no hands.


Our family pic. minus Hunter???

6 comments:

pcb said...

Do you ever forget your camera? You seem to have pictures of every occasion, however small. I am so jealous!

Jodi said...

Looks like so much fun!!!!!

Nadia Woodhouse said...

oh i'm kinda of sad i missed out...especially sad about not having green bean casserole this year! yumm!

Jeni said...

I think the rec center would be the perfect place for Thanksgiving! How Fun!

Jeni said...

PS: I'm going to cry....my dad used to sing suzy snowflake when I was little! I forgot about that song!

GINGER said...

Fun, fun fun. Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.