Saturday, December 13, 2008

Breakfast with Santa

It has been an annual tradition for our family the last 3 years, to eat breakfast at the Rec Center. We enjoy hot pancakes, bacon, and eggs, participate in the candy cane hunt, bounce on the blow up toys and watch Santa come in on the South Weber firetruck. Tierra doesn't have any interest in waking up and getting ready that early on a weekend unless there is talk of going to the mall! (Sorry for the fuzzy pictures, I must have had my greasy bacon fingers on the lens.) The adult Augers are in New York right this moment, but their babysitters brought the little Augers to breakfast. So we wanted to prove to mom and dad that they were there. Gunny was a little gun shy when they opened the dance room door and the little kids started screaming and running to find candy canes. ??? He is overly sensitive. So I had to walk in with him and help him collect them so he could turn them in for toys, because if I didn't I knew he'd be fighting his brothers for their prizes.

Skrapper in line for his prize. He got play dough, Logan got cars, Hudson got 3 things, I don't know why, a water slingshot, chocolates, and a plastic gun that shoots balls. Hudson had a good time with his friend Jackson on the slide. I missed a good picture of Parks and his friend Matthew and another boy all tied up together coming down. Logan doesn't dare go on these. Even though now looking at these pictures, Logan tells me he went down twice and wants to see the picture I took of him. Maybe he did, when I wasn't looking.

Hudson and Matthew.
Logan wants a robot with 5 legs (?)

"I want a Indiana Jones' legos."

"I've been a good boy!"

"I want a BB gun." Hudson is still longing for one. This is the first Santa that hasn't told him "You'll shoot your eye out". We watched Christmas Story last night, our family favorite.

"I've been pretty good all year."
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

5 comments:

Jennifer M. said...

I remember those days. What fun memories.
We are sorry we missed you when we came out. Hopefully we will be out again soon. We hope you are enjoying your holidays!

Jeni said...

so so so fun! I'm sad we missed it this year.

PS: I put that photo of all us girls at the Temple on my blog for you!

Angela said...

Thanks Jeni, this time I will bring my camra.

Debbie said...

Ang, thanks for keeping an eye on my children and giving them some love while we were gone. You r picts are sooooo cute. I say we challenge the Birts to and Auger/Birt snowball fight, what do you say?

Angela said...

Debbie...I say bring it!