Sunday, February 22, 2009

You can't make me act my age!

I rolled over into the "almost 40" stage Saturday, (36). I feel young for the most part...but I'm not liking this. Birthday's have never bothered me before, but this year it dawned on me that no part of me is getting stronger, younger looking or better at all for that matter. uh-oh.
But the good news is this was one of my funnest birthdays in a loooong time. Part of it was because it was on a Saturday so my family was home with me all day.
My favorite part though was going out Friday night with my IRS friends that I haven't seen in a long time. Christa, Levi and Christine. We're missing Heather and Melany.
We went to Joe's Crab Shack in SLC. Hanging out with these girls is better than doing 300 sit-ups, we laugh so hard my stomach hurts! None of us like seafood, but we came here for the relaxed atmosphere. The waitresses line dance and you can join in if you dare. The whole time we were plugging our noses because of the fishy smell. ha haThe waitresses gave me a sombrero and maracas and as they sang "Happy Birthday to you" I was to shake my maracas and say "AY AY AY UUUU" in place of their "You". It was less embarassing than 4 years ago when I went with a bunch of ladies from our ward to this same restaurant and they made me stand on a chair and write my name in cursive with my behind while they sang to me. Yikes!

Christa ordered a drink that came with Pop-rocks. How yummy is that? The problem was when the candy hit the liquid it exploded. It was in our hair, eyes and down our shirts. LOL

Christa shared the rest of her candy with us. Ouch it's fizzling!

Christine feeding me soup.
We took out the crab bucket and I stuck my head up through the table. We played around doing this for a long time! Grow-up you say? NO WAY! I'm having too much fun.

We drove around SL looking for something to do. We wanted to catch a comedy show, but we couldn't find the place. We thought we could go dancing??? Those days are long gone! We felt way out of place and instead just hung out here acting goofy. We had more fun sitting in the parking lot watching all the stray people walking by and talking about them. We can entertain ourselves anywhere! Next time we said we need to just go back to someone's place and watch our old home-made videos from Lake Powell etc.

I got pulled over because I had my blinker on to turn right, but then Levi told me to just go straight. We were at a red light so I just turned my blinker to left so I could merge back into traffic once the light turned green. The car behind me stopped to let me in. It turned out to be a cop and he was looking for drunk drivers I'm sure. He came to my window and said "I pulled you over because you had your blinker on to turn.....but then you didn't." ha ha ha Is that against the law, Officer? We laughed pretty hard at that one! Things like this never fail to happen when I'm with these 3! He just asked if I had anything to drink and then let me go. ha ha ha So Christa took this pic...this would be a real reason to pull me over. Not looking where I was going, to ask for directions from my backseat drivers all while talking on my cell phone. I'm multitalented.

Saturday was awesome. Larry and the kids gave me the Mamma Mia movie (sing-a-long version) I wanted so bad and this cute ice-cream cake. My sister called me from Germany and I'm really determined to try and visit this summer. We can't pass by an opportunity to see more of Europe. (I have to mention Nadia....she called too.) Maybe this will cheer her up. :)

Larry also gave me an Amethyst necklace with matching earrings. Diane made me this cute apron and brought some other goodies. My mom came over with brownies and gave me a book, kitchen towels and cute wall hanging and took me and Tierra out to lunch at the Olive Garden. Then we went shopping and I bought myself a new purse and found good deals on kids clothes so everybody got a new summer outfit on MY birthday! Hooray.
That night I wanted to go to a movie so Larry thought he had found me a chick flick, "He's just not that into you." Tierra wanted to see it to so she joined us for our date. DON'T GO SEE IT. It was horribly inappropriate and we had to walk out! It definately should have been rated R.
So it was a bad ending to the perfect day. But that's OK it didn't take away from the rest of the fun I had.

8 comments:

Ellie McFreaken said...

Happy Birthday Ang! Glad you had a fun day and weekend!!!!!!!!!
It's my 36 this year too...I am determined to have a blast too and not worry about the getting closer to 40 part.
REALLY...we are still young and we will look back and love this time of our lives.
Keep having fun...that's how you keep your youth girl.

pcb said...

WOW! that looks like a fun birthday! I love to get goofy silly with friends. I can't remember the last time I did though. I'm jealous of your fun birthday. You didn't mention what happened with the police - I guess he let you off??

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday Angela!! Looks like you had soooo much fun!!! When you are 80 you will still be the life of the party!! You are so cute!!

Diana said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Jenny Lee said...

Happy Birthday Angela! Your IRS friends sound like a fun bunch. I'm glad you had such a great birthday.

Kim said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIRDIE!
Now, it's MY turn to go party with you!

Jeni said...

You ARE the party angela. Now why does this whole story not surprise me one bit?!?!?! You probably got our of your ticket too (since you're a hot blonde)..they make me pay double :)
What a super fun birthday! You make growing old look fun!...and that cake looks delicious!

Shaury said...

Happy happy birthday. Do you still work with those hooligans? Looks like a lot of fun. Be careful not to rear end someone horsing around like that. ha ha