This summer while the Najdawi's were here, Logan slept in his bed for the first time, almost a week straight. That ended in a hurry. But I never cared that he was in our bed. He is my last so I wanted to spend as much cuddle time with him as possible. We read a book, or two or three, sing songs together then he wraps his chubby little arms around my neck and plays with my hair and tells me he loves me. Time seems to stand still. Some day he will be a big boy, no longer wanting to cuddle his mom so why stop it prematurely? I just hope he does the same thing for his future wife. :)
But when it was time for him to start Primary this January, he had high anxiety at the Primary Pajama Party. He pushed and hit poor little Marilyn Peek as she tried to put a color dot on his back...and he refused to participate in any games. Larry said it was because he sleeps in our bed and it was time to "make the break". I believe Logan feels as though him, Larry and I are a "couple". So that very night I put him in his own bed. While Larry and I were watching TV, Logan would come down the dark hall, but stay out of our vision and say "mom, I want to hold you". (I usually can't resist and I let him come out on the couch with us and I rock him till he falls asleep.) But this first night I was strong and determined and replied "no, go back to bed". So an hour later when we got up to go to bed, this is what we found.... It broke my heart.
This is a late post. This was taken the first week of January. Most of the time since then he's slept in his bed, but I don't mind a bit when he really wants to sleep with mom. :)
Logan shares a room with his 2 older brothers who really enjoy being together, talking and telling each other stories until they fall asleep and sometimes I even find Hudson asleep in the bottom bunk with Parks. So I thought Logan would be happy to sleep in the same room as "the big boys". Not quite. But we're getting there.
Surprisingly Logan did go to Primary that first Sunday just fine, and ever since then....thanks for the help of his big brothers.



3 comments:
Sweeeet! I miss those days - Cam used to call it "hug and snug" in the mornings when he climbed in bed with me. They grow up so fast!
Was this post inspired by Paige's about Cam? Poor Larry has been put on the back burner for all these years, I bet he's happy to be the only man in your bed now (ha ha).
I loved this post. My baby, who is four sleeps in her own bed, but I have to admit I do let her fall asleep on my lap a lot. It is so hard to let kids grow up, whether they want to or not. Especially the baby.
Post a Comment