Friday, August 22, 2008

Annual Lava Hotsprings Trip

Read post first to better understand pic's



Usually we go to Lava over the 4th for the awesome firework display they have. This year we were fortunate enough to meet my sister's friends the Walkers who lived with them in the Azore islands. Jerry is a dentist and Heidi's is a mother of 4. Cameron, Christopher, Andrew and Kate. She also plays and teaches the harp. Heidi's mom teaches the Harp BYU Idaho. It has always been a dream of mine to play the harp so Nadia and I learned a little from Heidi and she offered to give me lessons. I would love to go spend time with them every month, but it's a 2 1/2 hour drive. But I am really looking into learning the Harp even if it's from here.
The Walkers home looks like a cabin) hidden in the mountains of Soda Springs. They let us rent their clubhouse. It was only $45 a night! It slept 30 people and has a pool, volleyball net and basketball court. It was so much fun. We joked around about the out of date decor...and that it looked and smelled like the 70's but it was only $45. Who can complain about that?
The Walkers also let us ride their 4 wheelers. They live 1 mile from the clubhouse so that is how we'd travel back and forth. They have goats and chickens and paintball equipment. So we also made teams and paintballed.
Larry, Tierra and I were against Kyed, his friend Andy and Mariah. We played in the trees next to their house and it was very intense. My team lost. I got hit and it was moderately painful. Then we played in the field, where we had to crawl on our bellies for cover. I rocked at that and shot Mariah a few times. Very exhilerating. My team won. After the big kids played we let the little kids play in the field, Hudson, Caden, Zane and Cameron. Hudson got hit in the hand and said it hurt a lot. He really liked it though. Parks wanted to play too, but we just let him shoot a few paint balls.
You can also shoot skeet off their balcony, but we didn't have a chance to do that. They also have a huge telescope. Up there the skies are so much clearer and the stars more visible.
Parks loved holding a chicken, that Jerry helped catch for him. He kept singing. "I have a big ol' chicken, a big fat chicken" with a huge grin on his face. And asked everyone if they wanted to pet it.
The Walkers joined us at Lava on Andrew's birthday. He turned 5. All the Najdawi's enjoyed jumping off the platforms except Caden. Zane probably went the most. I've already posted the video of Hudson's jump off the 3rd platform. I jumped off the 3rd with Kyed, well we were suppose to jump together but he finally came after me. I thought I'd jumped my last time a few years ago. I still got a little umph in me yet.
That night after the pool we went to the Mineral Hot pots. Sooo nice. We stayed there till around 11pm winding down.
The clubhouse had 6 bedrooms with a basement and 2 living rooms, 5 bathrooms, and a laundry room.
The chitlens wanted to swim in the pool in our backyard the day after Lava. Us adults were too waterlogged. Larry made dutch oven potatoes and chicken and we brought up corn on the cob from Nolan's garden. Then we played some volleyball, kickball till dark and board games. Cahoots was really fun.
The Walkers invited us back for snowshoeing, cross country skiing and snowmobiling this winter. I hope we can keep that date!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, Birdie, that sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!! What a busy weekend!

Diane B said...

Looks like fun times! You guys have had quite the summer.
XO Gram

leafhopper said...

Wish I had cool friends like that! I bet your summer flew by with all the family fun!