Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hudson


H is for Humor. Hudson’s school teachers, his friend’s moms, and his leaders at church have all told me that he makes them laugh. He keeps his brothers and cousins laughing too.
U is for Unique. Hudson is special and has his own way of solving problems, telling stories and he enjoys many different hobbies. His hair color and handsome freckles are not found just anywhere!
D is for Daring. Hudson is a dare devil. He does things that makes my stomach drop! I’m always worried he’ll get hurt, but his dad just encourages him. Hudson climbs on the icy roof of our house in the middle of winter to help his dad shovel snow off or in the summer to collect all the balls and toys that have been flung up there. Last summer, Hudson jumped off of the 2nd platform at Lava Hotsprings Swimming Pool at the age of 7. Last week he attempted the 3rd platform at 133 ft high. He loved every minute of it! He was also the youngest one to paintball in Soda Springs. Those things hurt! We went four-wheeler in Soda Springs and 35 mph was just way too slow for him. Surprisingly he hasn’t had any broken bones or stitches yet.
S is for Smart. Hudson is very good at math. He already knows most of his times tables and he enjoys solving math problems and making up problems for us to solve. He is also a very good speller. He was the youngest competitor, taking 3rd place in the Spelling Bee as a 2nd grader, competing against 3rd and 4th graders.
O is for Opinionated. Hudson is usually strongly opinionated about every day decisions. Most others only see him as relaxed and easy going, which he is also. He can be very stubborn in holding his opinions, even when it is really not a big deal. "A strong mind for strong people."
N is for Nonsensical. What I mean is…Hudson is very creative and silly. This goes along with his sense of humor. He makes up nick names for people and uses funny sounds and nonsense words to express himself. He enjoys talking in an accent of some sort. Most of the time it is very entertaining and catchy. We find ourselves and others repeating him and using his made-up sounds or words in our everyday communications.


Yes I'm still blogging on Hudson's birthday. Sorry I'm a month behind on this, but it really doesn't matter. This is how it's going to be for the next few months till I get caught up. ha ha Hudson really liked the smiley face pancakes I made Parks for his birthday, so I had to make them again.
For Hudson's Birthday Party he invited 20 boys and we went to Central Park and played Water baseball. I thought it would be a laid back game for fun...but half of the boys were from the RedHawks baseball team and they all wanted cold, hard rules! Even if they weren't on a team it wouldn't have been any different...that is just how boys play. Sports is never just for "fun". Here comes Hud sliding in to home.

Crowding around to sing Happy Birthday
Birthday presents galore.

This present from Andrew (Connie and Brent) made me cry! It is pictures his dad took of Hudson pitching.


Hud enjoying his Bow and Arrow, thanks Garrett.
After water baseball, they got crazy with the hose, buckets and pop bottles full of water.
Here are most of the boys, it was hard to gather this many of them..and to ask them to hold still would have killed them.

Hudson says "Thanks dudes for an awesome time!"

1 comments:

Jenny Lee said...

Hey, thanks for commenting on my blog. It's so good to hear from you SW girls. You're right - I could definately use a girls night out with you guys. I miss you all so much. I appreciate your advice and it's good to know I'm not alone. I'm sorry I haven't commented on your blog for a while - at least I thought I had a few times. I love your blog and it's fun to see what you've been up to. I'm glad that you had such a good time with your sister staying with you. I sure miss my sisters too. Happy Birthday to Hudson! That was so cute how you came up with an adjective for each letter of his name. Looked like an awesome birthday party. I'll keep in touch - you too!