I can't believe it's been more than a year since I started blogging. One of my first posts was a slideshow for Parks 5th birthday. Now here he is at 6! (and this is his new favorite song to dance to)
6 wonderful things about my Skrapper!
1. Parks is full of life and doesn't let anything stand in the way of doing what he wants to do! That is partly how he got the nickname Skrapper. Which I translate to mean: To fight hard for; to give that extra oomph in everything you do. (It is also Parks spelled backward.)
2. I LOVE Parks smile. It lights up the world! Parks came into this world smiling and has made our home a happier place with his cute, contagious smile! Everywhere we go he gets the compliment of what a downright, goodlooking boy he is.
3. Parks is an awesome big and little brother. He has a great imagination and plays well with Hudson and Logan. He keeps us all entertained and in stitches with the funny things he does and says. He is a good singer and dancer also. This week as I walked him to his classroom he said "Mom, when i get big I'm not gonna watch American Idol, I'm gonna be on American Idol. But probably not as a singer just a dancer."
4. Parks is adventurous. Here are some of his favorite things to do: camping, hiking, swimming, coloring, bowling, playing basketball, soccer, football, baseball, dodgeball, foursquare, jumping on the trampoline, staying in hotels and going to Lagoon. His favorite place in the world is Goblin Valley.
5. Parks is a very good student! He earns straight 4's. He is an awesome artist and colorer. He has excellent handwriting and his teacher has said several times that he is a good example and friend to everyone.
6. Parks is very brave. He's been to many doctors and therapists since he was a baby and they are all excited to have him because he has always been very co-operative and doesn't cry, even while getting shots, casts, x-rays and MRI's. He even endures the dentist drilling in his mouth without batting an eye! Saves me from dreading these appts and a big headache.
Good news...Parks just had an appt at Primary's this week to see if he was a good candidate for a surgery that could help his spasticity (stiffness in his leg from CP) but he isn't bad enough that this surgery would benefit him. We will keep going back for Botox and check-ups but for now they say just let him be the active, athletic boy he is...it's great therapy.
Happy Happy Birthday Skrapper dear. Hope happy days will come to you all year!
1. Parks is full of life and doesn't let anything stand in the way of doing what he wants to do! That is partly how he got the nickname Skrapper. Which I translate to mean: To fight hard for; to give that extra oomph in everything you do. (It is also Parks spelled backward.)
2. I LOVE Parks smile. It lights up the world! Parks came into this world smiling and has made our home a happier place with his cute, contagious smile! Everywhere we go he gets the compliment of what a downright, goodlooking boy he is.
3. Parks is an awesome big and little brother. He has a great imagination and plays well with Hudson and Logan. He keeps us all entertained and in stitches with the funny things he does and says. He is a good singer and dancer also. This week as I walked him to his classroom he said "Mom, when i get big I'm not gonna watch American Idol, I'm gonna be on American Idol. But probably not as a singer just a dancer."
4. Parks is adventurous. Here are some of his favorite things to do: camping, hiking, swimming, coloring, bowling, playing basketball, soccer, football, baseball, dodgeball, foursquare, jumping on the trampoline, staying in hotels and going to Lagoon. His favorite place in the world is Goblin Valley.
5. Parks is a very good student! He earns straight 4's. He is an awesome artist and colorer. He has excellent handwriting and his teacher has said several times that he is a good example and friend to everyone.
6. Parks is very brave. He's been to many doctors and therapists since he was a baby and they are all excited to have him because he has always been very co-operative and doesn't cry, even while getting shots, casts, x-rays and MRI's. He even endures the dentist drilling in his mouth without batting an eye! Saves me from dreading these appts and a big headache.
Good news...Parks just had an appt at Primary's this week to see if he was a good candidate for a surgery that could help his spasticity (stiffness in his leg from CP) but he isn't bad enough that this surgery would benefit him. We will keep going back for Botox and check-ups but for now they say just let him be the active, athletic boy he is...it's great therapy.
Happy Happy Birthday Skrapper dear. Hope happy days will come to you all year!



7 comments:
Love your new look! I agree, Parks is wonderful - a pleasure to be around and such a cutey! Happy Birthday Parks. (I never realized Scrap was Parks backwards - clever!)
Happy Birthday Parks! He is such a cute boy! I LOVE to see his smiley face!
Happy Happy Birthday Parks! You are such an awesome grandson!
XO Gram
Parks was always so cute and nice in preschool.....Happy Birthday Parks!!!!! Never knew skrapper was his name backwards too. Cute!
What a cute boy! What an awesome personality!! Happy B-Day Parks!
Ang, thanks for the nice comment. I too wish these little boys could have been born on the same day. Parks is so good lookin too! We're so lucky! I always tease Parker that the girls are going to chase him because he's so cute. I loved all the nice things you wrote about Parks. He sounds like such a special boy. I'm glad to hear he's doing so well and that he won't have to have that surgery. You're lucky you only had 11 boys at his party. You're a smarter mom. If I forgot to comment on your earlier blogs, it sure looked like you had a great time in Mesquite and Vegas. Miss you guys.
Happy Birthday Parks!!! I hope you had the best day ever!!!! Angela- I think Parks is such an adorable kid!! Him and Ridger got to come to our Primary class last Sunday, and Parks was soooo cute!! We made cards, and he had better handwriting than most the kids in the class(and they are all quite a bit older than him). Happy 6th B-day Parks!!!
Post a Comment