Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Little Fishees

I've told my kids a thousand times to ask before getting wet. But sometimes the best moments happen without planning and I realize I need to not be so anal and let my kids be kids while they are little. I don't want them growing up and being strict and absolutely no fun with their kids because they learned it from their mom!

They were running through the sprinkler with a stick from our crochet set and yelling "Matey Soldier". ??? I have no idea.... but they were laughing their heads off. They were so cold when they finally ran out of steam that I had to plop them in the bathtub. That and they were a little muddy.

After all, water never hurt anyone except the wicked witch.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I'm melting, I'm melting!

Stacy said...

That is funny you would say that because up until a few months ago I was always telling Bracken that same thing. He hates to get wet. I always tell him he must be related to that wicked witch.lol.
Summertime fun seems to be the best memories as a kid. You're a great mom to let them enjoy every one of them!

Jeni said...

I must be melting too!
Your boys are so cute!

amy said...

Spontaneous summer fun makes the best memories. I love hearing your boys hoot and holler over yonder...

Shaury said...

I too have some wierd hang up about my kids getting wet. It's such an ordeal. David had to tell me the other day, "Shaury, they're kids & it's summer, relax." Wow I think he was right.