Sunday was a rough day for me. I'll have to admit I was feeling sorry for myself. Our computer crashed that morning (thus my blogs been untouched) but all I cared about were all the digital pictures I had taken over the past 6 months were lost. The rest we had backed up on a disk. I was back to square one, hating technology and my battle with computers. I thought getting high speed internet had solved that. My biggest concern were our family pictures we had just taken over Easter. I told Larry he couldn't shave his head until we took those. So just last Friday he shaved his head. He does that once a year. So if I wanted to redo those family photos, my husband would look like a Drill Sargent or a prison inmate. (I hate his head shaved!) I gave him his last hair cut and he looked pretty good I dare say.
Besides those pictures I have 2 of my sons birthdays, spring break in Mesquite, Christmas, dozens of girls camp pictures and misc.
The day got worse. Logan had been sick and so I needed to wash sheets and pillows. I don't normally do laundry on Sundays but this was an emergency. After getting my Sunday dress on I came out in the kitchen where my washing machine is and there was water everywhere. I guess I was being punished for washing on Sunday. And of course when one something bad happens, everything bad from the last few weeks comes flooding back. Hudson had lost his 2nd pair of glasses just 2 weeks after getting them, and on top of that, Friday he came home from school without his rec specs, perscription sports goggles. $200 down the drain. I also forgot about the Primary party on Friday that my kids missed and I was afraid of forgetting because I had forgotten the one before it also! TIerra also missed her Young Womans activity that week, not by choice. And there were a few personal issues with friends that were bugging me so I lost it Sunday morning and told Larry I was not going to church. (Like that would solve my problems!) ha ha He said this is when you really need it. So I went for my kids sake and it was pleasant, but did not take away my frustrations. I admit I'm being a whiner. When I look at all the sickness in South Weber and what so many people are going through, my little problems don't matter. But when you are actually going through your own rough times, it's hard to keep the perspective of "I'm better off than so and so". Instead I felt like "why me"?
Well I just have to eat my words again and say as of Tuesday, life has done a complete 180 for me. Larry saved our hardrive info and I have all my pictures are safe. He's an IT specialist but I still didn't think he could do it. Props. That afternoon my second grader Hudson made the top 3 in the Spelling Bee for the second time and will go on to compete against 3 grade levels. And the icing on the cake was while I was at the school I stopped in the office and found his glasses and rec specs. Then I took Parks to his soccer game and he scored a goal. That made 2 for him this season. His huge smile warms me right up. I shouldn't let little things bring me down but I'm sure they will again...ha ha
By saying "when it rains, it pours" I not only meant bad stuff comes in handfuls but the good does too. You know what? Life is good. Enjoy it while you can.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
When it Rains, it Pours
haphazardly created by Angela on Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh I hate those days weeks. When ever I complain to Chris he always has a worse story about someone else. I find myself counting my blessings after talking to him. I guess that’s why I never hear him complain about anything. Not me I complain on a daily bases. Sorry your week was so bad. But hey, you have to love that your husband is a “GENIUS’ way to go Larry!!!! I want to see the camp pictures.
Love ya
p.s. Good Job Hudson !!!!!!
I feel the same way about the tech stuff. I am sorry about your bad week and I am even more glad that the sun did shine on you again.
Life is one great adventure cuz you never know what is just around the corner. Hopefully its all good!:)
Post a Comment