Well I'm eating my words as I type. I just found out about blogging about 1 week ago and came home and told my husband how ridiculous blogging was. Who wants to waste their time reading about people and their kids if you don't know them? Not to mention the time wasted writing about our mundane life when you don't know who is listening or cares? I referred to it as "My Space for adults." Well about 2 days later my niece who attends BYU Idaho and was staying with me for a week, went to visit a friend (the Boydens) who are now linked on my blog. Well they had explained how to blog to her and she came back to my house and we stayed up late that night creating my blog. Thanks Nadia. Now I'm obsessed. See I'm one of those weirdo's writing about my less than ordinary life for who knows who.
And thank you to Tiffany who mentioned it to me in the first place. (I still find it weird that people waste time reading about people they don't know.) But I'm not making my blog private yet so I'm open to anyone who wants to comment. And like Tiffany, I want to do this for my friends and family I don't see but want to keep in touch with and learn about them and their kids. You know who you are. I just hope I can explain how to get you to my blog. I still don't know how to search for other blogs myself. I know nothing except what is on my page currently. Nadia did the technical things so with her gone back to school it will probably stay this way-- under construction.
To tell you the truth, computers and I don't get along. I'd rather go back to the days without internet and cell phones. Crazy? No, just old fashioned. I remember when we first got cable TV. A good sized black box sitting on top of the television set and we had to get up to change the channel. We didn't know any different so it was great. Well those were the days. We had more time for family and the things that really mattered. The more technology we get the faster we can do things and the faster time flies but it seems we get less done in a day. It's a sign of the times. And it makes me sad.
But here I sit blogging...what next?
Saturday, April 19, 2008
To blog or not to blog
haphazardly created by Angela on Saturday, April 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Ang - You're blog is awesome, love the music. My kids came running in, now they want music on their blogs. I haven't gone private on my blog, but my kids blogs are private. I have one friend who got a little spooked and is now private, but just about everybody I know leaves it public. I hope Cynthia jumps on this wagon soon. Miss her terribly! Keep up the great blogging.
Hi Angela, I love reading your blog and I am flad you haven't made it private or I wouldn't have been able to read about you and your family. I don't get a chance to talk to any of you and I envy Tiffany cuz she gets to know all of you. If you go private, could I have and invite? Tiff has my email address. Thanks.
Stacy (Lost in Malad)lol.
Ang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you too! If you had never ventured out into this crazy world of "1's" and "0's" we would never have found each other again! I can't believe your kids are so big! I still only have Austin (hey we have teenagers...oh boy) but, Travis, my boyfriend do want to have more children in the near future (after we get married) We are moving in with him in South Ogden this month. Are you still in West Weber in the house I know??? I quit IRS a few years ago, went back to Weber State and got my degree in Graphic Design. I now work as a designer for a marketing company out in good ole' West Valley...hate the communte! My email is burton.christine@gmail.com or my phone number is 648-5983. Yippee! I am sooooooooo glad you sent me a message!
Post a Comment