Hudson is only 9 and in the 4th grade but Larry thought he was ready for contacts. The eye doctor said kids are ready when they are capable of good hygiene on their own and able to touch their eye. I got my contacts in 7th grade.
Well the hygiene thing is questionable. Hudson takes a shower because I tell him to. He washes his hair because I can tell when he just gets it wet without using shampoo and he gets in trouble. He also washes his hands when told to do so...how often they would get washed without me nagging him is VERY questionable.
But I must admit Hudson is very good about keeping his hands clean when it comes to his contacts. He loves them! "They are awesome" in his own words.
Getting instructions.
Putting them in for the first time.
Considering how far away he is from the mirror...he did really well. lol "He has huge eyes and kept them open pretty good" the Dr. said. He walked out of the office and looked around and said. "I can see Goo-ood!"
Getting instructions.
Putting them in for the first time. It only took him about 4 days before he had them in on the first try every time.
He's had glasses for 2 years and Rec specs too but I think he has improved his hitting in baseball from wearing contacts. He rarely wore his regular glasses. He liked wearing his silver rimmed rec specs better! I'm glad he is confident enough to not care and make them the "in" thing.
Between him and Tierra it cost half a thousand dollars for exams and contacts! Ridiculous!
It's not fair that kids have to lose their good eye sight at such a young age! And to top it off our insurance won't pay for it. But they'll pay to have your stomach stapled...which is purely cosmetic surgery and people choose to over eat. We don't choose to do anything that makes us lose our eyesight and it is a necessity!



3 comments:
Wow - I'm impressed! Cam got his in 7th grade too and the hygiene thing has been an issue. He has had several bad infections (I think because of his lack of hygiene) he is more careful of it now than ever just because he knows the consequences. They do make a world of difference though - don't they. Hurray for contacts!
Go Hud!
He is getting so big and grown up! Yes we need to see each other more! Don't feel bad everyone gets caught up in their own lives and time flies. We just have to make a bigger effort. If only we were neighbors! Miss you!
Post a Comment