Friday, March 26, 2010

An inhaler a day keeps the cough away

Ok I take back what I said about Dr. Rose. He knows what he's talking about.
Logan had a Dr. appt today and I realize Logan was sick enough to be admitted, he maybe could have went home one night sooner but by then the weekend was over anyway so why rush it and have to go home and cook my own meals...other than it probably cost another $400+ or so (totally guessing, I haven't called my insurance yet so I probably estimated low!
Logan had blood work done to see if he has allergies and we found he is only allergic to cats. Ha that's great news cause I hate cats and we will never have a pet cat. I'm so glad to hear he isn't allergic to house dust, that would make me feel guilty that I caused his coughing because my house needs dusting. lol He isn't allergic to dogs, feathers, perfumes, grass etc. Those kinds of allergies would be horrible.
He does however has asthma which could be triggered by allergies but since it is not then it won't be brought on so severly again...hopefully. This time it was the "Rhinovirus" that kicked his butt and triggered his asthma. He is on "Flovent" (like the old asthma inhalers) once a day.
His lungs sounded great today and his ear infection is gone. Hopefully he will no longer get a nasty cough every 3 weeks and sound like a sick child all the time.

3 comments:

Elder and Sister Birt said...

I have heard from many people that Dr. Rose is one of the best. I'm glad he is Logan's Dr. Keep taking good care of him...and, Angela, you are a good person, don't be so hard on yourself.

pcb said...

Hey! Don't be hating on cats!! But you are kinda lucky it was just that and not something like wheat (which is in everything!). So glad the whole thing is over and resolved and that your doctor is back in your good graces.

Jeni said...

Phew. This is a relief to me. I was sad when I read about you not liking Dr. Rose, because we love him so much, but I know that everyone can have their own opinion on things, and it's important to respect the opinions of others. :)

I think the whole hospital scene can get you ornery. We just spent last week up there with Jason's dad and it Is SOOOO frustrating.

Congrats on no cats. I feel the same way about cats, and I'm allergic, ..but we still have one. I get no respect around here...