Thursday, October 29, 2009

Deer Shop


Waiting at The Cheesecake Factory

This is an annual tradition from the Christiansen side of the family (Diane's). This year there was 8 of us.
Even though none of our husbands are actually out hunting, which is good cause we need them to stay home and tend the kids, we go out shopping ALL DAY. I'm talking from 8:30am we meet at Diane's and we eat breakfast somewhere then hit the stores till about 8pm. Most of the time it's a mall, but we've also done the outlets and Gateway before.
We are supposed to be doing Christmas shopping but I find it hard to shop for my 3 boys. They want toys not clothes. I do find great deals on clothes for myself though. And my favorite part of the day is eating somewhere yummy for lunch. This year, same as last, was Fashion Place Mall and The Cheesecake Factory. Lunch is a fun time we reminisce about old Deer Shop experiences and also make predictions of what will happen to everyone by the next Deer Shop. I was predicted to have my kitchen cupboards painted and to have moved. (let's all pray) The usual ones use to be someone would be pregnant when we were younger. I hated those days and never joined when I had a young baby that needed nursing. It would be pure misery to shop with an infant. Since Paige was not there I'll tell her her predition from me...that her and Cory would have a cabin by next year. :)
The rule is young girls have to be 18 years old to come..it used to be they had to be married but what if they never got married or married at a ripe old age like myself? So Tierra gets to join us in 2 years! She will really need a job before then because she'll be in 7th Heaven shopping for 12 hours straight and I'm sure she'll be the big winner of "who spent the most". I think this year was a tie between Becky and I. Not on the amount of money we spent but amount of bags we had. I got really good deals so I didn't spend much at all compared to what I brought home!
My legs ached that night!

3 comments:

pcb said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I remember the first time I went it was me, Diane, Debbie and Gr. Chris and it was very fun.

Shaury said...

I'm so glad we converted you. I don't think anyone expects you to shop for Christmas stuff. Technically (I think) we're suppose to shopping for a candy dish. Am I right Mom?

Diane B said...

Shaury, I'm impressed! Grandma Chris & Aunt Lorraine & my grandma Maynard for some reason always bought a pretty cut glass candy dish. I've been Deer Shopping for 45 yrs. now, only missed on day of Wendy's birth & Leon's funeral. Even went day before Cory's birth. Fun memories!