An ordinary visit to the Dentist for check-ups left us with an anything but ordinary dilemma.
Logan got this awesome treasure chest from Dawson and it came with a lock and key. Since we are still in the "refusing to go poop on the potty" stage at almost 4 yrs old, I'm trying something new that my cousin told me worked for her little boy. I put a surprise of some kind in the treasure chest and lock it. When Logan poops on the potty then he gets to have the key and open it. His first surprise today was wax vampire teeth! Hooray for Gunner! Now if only he wouldn't clog the toilet! :)
Speaking of teeth I couldn't help but mention Skrapper lost his first tooth last Sunday up at Gram and Pops. It was a family affair (or cousin I should say) Parks bit down on a corn cob and realized he needed to lose that tooth if he wanted to enjoy his dinner. He ran to Larry and told him to pull it. Larry tried and it needed some more time. Parks has no fear. He plopped himself down on a quilt and let Abby work on it for awhile with at least 5 other cousins crowding around. It finally moved to the front of the house where Abby was prepared with paper towels and a glass of water to rinse his mouth out. After a few "pops" it came out.
Jonah and Parks showing each other their missing teeth.

Looking at Hudson's X-rays the dentist noticed he had 2 sets of adult front teeth. Here he was at 9 years of age and still hadn't lost his front two teeth. Who knew such a simple ordinary thing
Well the second set of adult teeth were pushing on the first set and wouldn't let them descend so he had to have surgery last week to pull 4 teeth, his baby teeth and that extra set. Hud had already lost his two baby teeth on either side of the front two. They are suppose to come in 9 months AFTER the front teeth. Well now I know. They also said it is hereditary....but I don't know of anything like this on either side of the family??
Poor Hud was miserable for at least 3 days. He was on a liquid diet but still didn't want to eat much...shakes is about all he liked. Just opening his jaw to put food in was the most painful. He was actual pretty tough since he never asked for any meds.
Instead of bulking up for football he was losing weight! He had to miss football practice which he hated. But he didn't want to stay home, he went and watched practiced the very day of his surgery with a bloody gauze pad hanging out of his mouth. I have to cut the corn off the cob for him and cut up his apples like you do for old people. :)
Now he looks like a vampire which reminded me of Logan. 
Speaking of teeth I couldn't help but mention Skrapper lost his first tooth last Sunday up at Gram and Pops. It was a family affair (or cousin I should say) Parks bit down on a corn cob and realized he needed to lose that tooth if he wanted to enjoy his dinner. He ran to Larry and told him to pull it. Larry tried and it needed some more time. Parks has no fear. He plopped himself down on a quilt and let Abby work on it for awhile with at least 5 other cousins crowding around. It finally moved to the front of the house where Abby was prepared with paper towels and a glass of water to rinse his mouth out. After a few "pops" it came out.
Jonah and Parks showing each other their missing teeth.



3 comments:
Oh, shoot! That's a crazy tooth story! I think our next dentist visit in a week should be special, since Gavin has baby teeth that aren't loose at all and permanent teeth growing every which way above the baby ones. YIKES! Cute kids. :)
What a lot of tooth stories for one family! Glad it is all good tooth news. Way to go Gunnar!
I agree with PCB, that is a whole lot of tooth stories for one family!! Too funny!! (: I love the treasure box idea!! I don't miss the potty training days at all!! Good luck- I hope it works!! (:
Post a Comment