Friday, March 6, 2009

Potty Incentive


Logan was potty trained (except for number 2) 6 months ago, so he's always wore pull-ups so there was no mess to clean up. But lately he didn't care if he wet his pants either! My cousin has a boy the same age going through the same phase and gave me the idea to reward Logan with a toy of his choice by having him add a marble to a jar everytime he used the potty. Only 1 for pee but 10 marbles for going pooh!
We have 80 marbles all together and Logan wants a "black spidey" action figure to join his red spiderman. Well he's done great on not wetting and he doesn't even make me help him like he used to. He would hold it so long that he wouldn't have time to lift the seat and pull down his pants...so he use to dance around asking me for help.
However, he still hides to go pooh. I usually notice he's disappeared and catch him in time and take him to the potty, but he has held it for so long that it won't come and he gets backed up for 3 days then it's a struggle, if you know what I mean. That is why he's afraid to go. Hudson also went through this so I'm getting Logan on some over-the-counter medi to get him regular. Only about 15 more marbles to go and he'll get his Spiderman...but i had hoped with this reward system that he would have potty trained himself by the end. He's only gone twice. So the other 60 have been earned from peeing. It's been a loooong process. I think when we fill the jar, we'll have to start over again!

4 comments:

pcb said...

You're one to talk about too much pooh info! He is gonna love seeing this in print when he is 16! That is a dang cute picture though.

Diana said...

Good luck on the potty training I am going through the same thing with my puppy and it's getting old.

Angela said...

At least the puppy you can boot at the door or sell them...Logan is here for good. ha ha

amy said...

Good luck - I don't even want to think about starting potty training over here. Let me know how the marbles go