Thursday, August 5, 2010

Country Fair Days Rodeo

Parks Mutton Bustin'
Parks chasin' sheep with money taped on their back. He got $2 And this will eat at me for a long time! Logan didn't want to do anything at the rodeo. But it's a tradition to practice the Sunday before up at Gram and Pops with all the cousins so after he did that he changed his mind. They chased chickens and caught them, they practiced running the barrels, they rode Larry and Michael as their sheep.
Hudson wanted to ride a steer but he was the only one who signed up so they didn't bring a steer! He was disappointed.

So anyway it costs a fortune to enter 3 kids into all these events and Logan was lined up with about 15 other kids to run the barrels. They all ran it wrong except for one older girl and Logan! So I have him all built up to get a ribbon and they don't announce his name at all. To make it worse they announce his cousins name which there are 12 adults (counting Tierra and a friend) from our family who can verify that Logan ran it right and she didn't and no one says a thing! I went and corrected the judges and she tells me "it's Ok". What's Ok? That we forked out $30, won, got jipped for it & they left Logan wondering why he didn't get his ribbon for doing it right? Don't patronize me! How hard is it to correct that? Do they really think I'm up there lying to try to get my son a ribbon when he really lost??? Please. Go ask the family...they will all tell you who ran it right and who didn't. At least I hope they would. And then you only have to exchange ribbons with the cousin so it wouldn't have made that big a deal. I knew I should have videod it instead of pics! I'm still letting him ride in the SW parade for the winners!

He's freakin' only 4 yrs old and didn't want to come, but then is brave enough to do it all and does it RIGHT (being one of the youngest which makes me even prouder!) and he doesn't even get to take a ribbon home for it? C'mon. And don't tell me you wouldn't feel the same way if it was your child! Oh well Logan is happy cause I dug out an old second place ribbon that Parks had won from yrs. past and gave it to him.
And people wonder why I hate SW days???
Next yr we'll be on vacation again!!
Sorry I just had to get this all out cause it would just eat at me if I didn't.
Hudson doing the goat throw.
Hudson taking 1st in the goat throw

Skrapper taking 2nd in the mutton bustin'
Believe me I'm not the kind of person that gets mad when my kids don't win cause we're use to not winning at the rodeo and just having fun. We just got lucky this year and when my kids DESERVE it then I do take it personal.

3 comments:

pcb said...

There will probably be something that upsets you every year at SW Days - cause you just plain don't like it going in. If he is okay with it you probably should drop it and show him you can rise above it - and then he will learn not to let things bug him. Easier said than done - I know.

Angela said...

It's not really about the ribbon it's the stuff behind it all!! And the reason I don't like SW days is just that it costs a fortune. They need to try to do things cheaper!

Shaury said...

I guess we won't be converting you to the rodeo this year. Sorry you had such a bad experience.