Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Spelling Bee

The Spelling Bee is Hudson's favorite thing about school! He made the top 3 in his class in first grade going on to compete against all the first grade classes and took 8th out of 12. In second grade he made the top 3 in his class again and placed 3rd.
Last year they didn't have the spelling bee for the lower grade levels and he was mad. But this year is the National Scripps Spelling Bee for 4th, 5th and 6th graders and he made the top 3 in his class and then placed 5th out of 33! I believe he was the youngest 4th grader competing and they are up against the 5th and 6th graders.
Pop and Gram, Grandma Bubs, mom and dad all came to watch.
We were so proud of him.
He was the only 4th grader left and missed the word 'photosynthesis'. He added an extra letter. He was mad at himself because it wasn't one of the words he struggled with. But he's not one to beat himself up or get down when he loses...he just can't wait until next year.
I'm just happy he enjoys spelling!
I took pictures but I have a new camra and haven't figured out how to get them onto my computer!!

5 comments:

Diana said...

Way to go Hudson!!!! I love all your 2 year old pictures on the side bar. Your kids are adoreable.

pcb said...

I like those pictures too! Can you see the last time you blogged was before CHRISTMAS!!!! Lazy bugger!

Way to go Hud! Cam always liked the Bees too.

Jenny Lee said...

Wow! I know it's been forever since I commented on your blog. Where is everybody lately? Did all you South Weberites give up on blogging. I was wondering if everyone has moved on to facebook? I miss all of you and hope you are all doing well. Hudson is so smart. That's so awesome he did so well and loves to spell. Well, let me know what's going on in the ward up there.

Cory said...

Great job with the spelling bee, Hud!

leafhopper said...

Way to go smartie pants!