Sunday, June 21, 2009

9th grade dance

Notice Larry and I's Senior Senior Prom picture on display behind her! :)

Emily and Tierra



May 2009....This isn't a date dance. It's just a special occasion honoring the 9th graders who are going on to High School with a formal dance attire atmosphere and food.

It is sooo hard finding an appropriate dress these days! Some girls had their dresses before Christmas last year. I for one didn't even hear about the 9th grade dance until about February but we kept forgetting to go shopping. Luckily one week before we found this cute peach dress and gold shoes for a great deal! However it came with spaghetti straps. But I found some material that matched and Diane sewed it on. It wasn't a cap sleep like I'd prefer to have bought in the first place, but it covered her shoulders a lot better than the original ones! So thankful that we have a seamstress in the family. Thanks gram! (You can't even see the new straps since T wears her hair over her shoulders anyway. :)

4 comments:

pcb said...

Ahh - I remember my 8th grade dance (our Jr. High was just 7th and 8th) so fondly! I had a blast and it was the first time I got really dressed up with makeup and high heals and stuff. Those were the days!

Glad to see you on the blogging scene again. It seems you retire for weeks as a time and then all of a sudden there you are. Is it still the computer issue?

leafhopper said...

Pretty dress and beautiful girl!

Diana said...

Good job mom and Grandma on taking a stand and keeping your beautiful girl modest!! I enlarged the pic so that I could see yours and Larry's senior prom pic - so cute.

Shaury said...

I think you should make T wear long sleeves, turtle necks, & pants until she's about 30. She's too gorgeous.