Thursday, September 30, 2010

A bike we borrowed from our neighbor that doesn't have petals so he can learn to balance.

I bought this bike for $5 at the Swapmeet many years ago and decided I'd never put training wheels on it because it is easy for little kids to put their feet down on a bike this small and just practice balancing and therefore I'd never have the transition between the training wheels and really learning to ride.

Well Logan doesn't want to learn to ride! He will just ride his bigwheel for the rest of his life he informed me.
But I have been working with him anyway and he has it down besides the starting off point of putting your feet on the petals to get going by himself.
I have never even tried teaching Parks without training wheels because of his CP. He has slow reflexes on his left side and favors his right when trying to balance. I wish I could find a "banana bike" like the ones they have for rent in Bear Lake. A 3-wheeler with the petals out in front. I heard they are expensive tho. But I've also taken off Parks' training wheels and we found helmets and pads when we cleaned out our garage. Parks is so excited and can't wait til he can just take off by himself without help.

I have some pics of the boys in their various sports I want to add to my blog too.

Parks in the center playing flag football, looking back for a pass.

Hudson chose #56 like Woodley on the Steelers. Last year he was #86, Ward.

Huddle after winning yet another game. They are undefeated. They play this Saturday for the Region championship title. That's Parks sitting behind the team.


Hudson with the block.


And handsome little Gunny at Parks flag fb game, after his own first soccer game.

2 comments:

Cory said...

Thanks for posting, Angela. I enjoy keeping track of what's going on with your family. Looks like the boys are busy. Tell Hudson to kick some butt in the football championship! How about 6 pancake blocks for the team?!!

Tina Birt said...

Hey I have a girls banana seat bike, that is if my dad didn't that is if my dad didn't throw it away! :) It should still be in our shed. :)