Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Remodeling

Back in October...I forgot to take a picture before we started...so this is as we were moving things out of our living room. It had old yellow carpet and yellow 'flat' paint that leaves marks uncleanable! It was also very crowded in here with a couch, TV, computer desk, piano, recliner, bookshelf and endtable...I'm talking wall to wall furniture!
After tearing up the carpet and putting on a fresh coat of 'semi-gloss' paint.

I'm glad we chose to lay the Pergo flooring ourselves. It was fast, easy, cheap and I feel proud everytime I walk in the room. ha ha
We were lucky to have Nolan helping us cut!
And of course Gunny is always a big helper.
Our new room!
Since this picture I have bought new green pillows for the couch and now I'm searching for the right curtains.
The boys were disappointed when I finally found a rug I liked (which took me a few months) because they loved running and sliding on their knees on the bare floor.
(The only problem is I didn't have any room for Larry's blue recliner! So it is stuck in our other living room.)

4 comments:

pcb said...

Beautiful! I'm so jealous - you guys are always improving something!

leafhopper said...

Looks great! I love remodeling. It's like a fresh start.

Nadia Woodhouse said...

now where are all the najdawis supposed to sleep when we invade your house for 2 months? that carpet was my bed!

Angela said...

Tent trailor where you're suppose to be! 6'5(?) Kyed can still curl up on the 5'9 recliner :)